Rear Air Suspension Leak/Replacement - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 Series I
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Air Suspension Leak/Replacement

Old 03-15-2019, 08:39 PM
DIYDanCars
User

I received my air struts today and what a bargain! The right rear strut I received appears to be a Porsche OEM strut in a generic white box. The strut was stamped with "made in Germany" and has the Porsche part number stamp in at the top. The left strut is a generic with little to no markings, however the quality is on bar with the OEM one. After examining both struts I feel pretty confident in saying that a lot of the components in both struts seem to be made by the same supplier.

Unfortunately one of the brass pressure valves arrived damaged on one of my struts, but beside that, I am really happy with my purchase. This turned out to be a phenomenal deal! My rear suspension doesn't need rebuilding yet, but when it does i'll be ready with these.

Last edited by DIYDanCars; 03-15-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 PM
Brainz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice score!
Old 03-15-2019, 11:33 PM
JAGMAN1
User

Yeah, they look nice. I wonder if the shocks are OE too.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:50 AM
Cayenne955TT
User

Originally Posted by DIYDanCars View Post
I received my air struts today and what a bargain! The right rear strut I received appears to be a Porsche OEM strut in a generic white box. The strut was stamped with "made in Germany" and has the Porsche part number stamp in at the top. The left strut is a generic with little to no markings, however the quality is on bar with the OEM one. After examining both struts I feel pretty confident in saying that a lot of the components in both struts seem to be made by the same supplier.

Unfortunately one of the brass pressure valves arrived damaged on one of my struts, but beside that, I am really happy with my purchase. This turned out to be a phenomenal deal! My rear suspension doesn't need rebuilding yet, but when it does i'll be ready with these.

You got to it before I did! I havent been home to check them out until now... I can reflect this exact sentiment - Seem to be OE quality. The one is marked "Made in Germany" with some signs pointing to a ground off VW, etc logo. Typical of this type of part being made by an OE supplier.

They really do seem like excellent quality. No "stink" of poor quality rubber, paint and welds are good. The adjuster plug is present, and even the little stud for the cover is there (something that would probably be left off on a low quality unit)

Glad to see that two of us experienced the same thing/received the same parts.

I will be installing mine this week - Will report back!!

Thanks again for all of the interest and conversation on this thread - very enlightening.
-Will

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: