Sponsored by:

PCM Changeout

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:33 AM
acer54
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Changeout

Prior to me buying my 2005 Cayenne the PCM failed and was replaced by the previous owner with a used one that was working now when you turn it on there is an error warning on the screen about the amplifier, does something need to be programmed into the car because of the replacement PCM or is it another known problem?
Old 02-17-2019, 12:20 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

How old is your battery? If my battery got too low the PCM would give the amplifier message on the PCM and not play sound. I've since replaced my PCM with an Android head unit.

But if the battery is new/fully charged and it still does it, then it could be a problem with the MOST fiber optic ring or one of the devices on the ring: Amp, CDC, NAV, phone, etc. Could be as simple as a blown fuse or loose connection, or could be a failed device.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Hizus
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amplifier warning multi CD player not working

I recently bought a cayenne Turbo radio not working said amplifier fault no multi player cd working Looked at some you tubes about removing pcm.

Took mine out. Noticed a small blue plug with 1 wire not connected.

Looked back at yiu you tube videos realised where the plug went as I saw it on the pcm that had been removed. Dare to say I connected it and woohooo a perfect working pcm no faults also my multi CD player started working result!

By the look of it who ever had it before me had an aftermarket head unit in there.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:51 AM
acer54
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brainz
How old is your battery? If my battery got too low the PCM would give the amplifier message on the PCM and not play sound. I've since replaced my PCM with an Android head unit.

But if the battery is new/fully charged and it still does it, then it could be a problem with the MOST fiber optic ring or one of the devices on the ring: Amp, CDC, NAV, phone, etc. Could be as simple as a blown fuse or loose connection, or could be a failed device.
Battery is ok, I still have sound and everything appears to be working, it's just the annoying amplifier fault that comes up everytime you turn the system on.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:53 AM
acer54
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hizus
I recently bought a cayenne Turbo radio not working said amplifier fault no multi player cd working Looked at some you tubes about removing pcm.

Took mine out. Noticed a small blue plug with 1 wire not connected.

Looked back at yiu you tube videos realised where the plug went as I saw it on the pcm that had been removed. Dare to say I connected it and woohooo a perfect working pcm no faults also my multi CD player started working result!

By the look of it who ever had it before me had an aftermarket head unit in there.

The previous owner changed the faulty PCM unit for a used second hand one and only after this change did the amplifier error start appearing (sound works as well)
Old 02-18-2019, 03:14 PM
Hizus
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have checked the basics. Are all the plugs in the unit as they should be.

Quick Reply: PCM Changeout