https://www.thoroughbredmotors.com/2...1/Details.aspx
Old 03-11-2019, 01:23 AM
Chensley
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Libast
I linked this one earlier, but there are pics now

https://www.thoroughbredmotors.com/2...1/Details.aspx
Pics look good but Carfax shows previous accident and damage reported.

Dealer won’t give, so I’m going to take their last offer. They did knock $1k off their online asking price and it’s just a hair below KBB suggested price so will be happy with it. It’s set to hit the lot on Tuesday after getting the bumper repaired so deposit will hold it until I can fly up Friday morning and drive back if test drive and everything else is on the up and up.

It’s about 11 hours drive time so will make an overnight road trip of it. My friend and best man at my wedding passed away tragically a couple of years ago of a stroke. His former employer is a retirement community in Portland that built a pub/bar in his honor. So going to stop by and pay my respects. Then have another buddy who is racing with SCCA at Thunderhill that weekend so will stop by there to check it out.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Pillow
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Chensley
It’s about 11 hours drive time so will make an overnight road trip of it. My friend and best man at my wedding passed away tragically a couple of years ago of a stroke. His former employer is a retirement community in Portland that built a pub/bar in his honor. So going to stop by and pay my respects. Then have another buddy who is racing with SCCA at Thunderhill that weekend so will stop by there to check it out.
Sounds like a great adventure for a roadtrip!

Old 03-18-2019, 02:40 AM
Chensley
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Drove it home this weekend. Not as flawless and pristine as I was lead to believe (or that I built it up to be in my own mind) but realize my expectations were probably too high for a ten year old car...at least that is what my wife an others are telling me. It is beautiful for being a 2010. Only a couple of minor touched up areas and little ding but you really have to be looking hard to find them. The service record said they installed tires, but in reality they were the previous owner's used set of summer tires. Almost six years old, nearly bald...complete $**t. Was disappointed they thought they were acceptable. Got them to drop the price to help pay for a new set of Pirellis I already ordered.

Welcome to Porsche ownership. On the way home the check side marker light warning came on. Checked it and looked out, until I tapped on it and it came back on. Need to go digging in the fender to check the connection. Then as soon as I got home after 700+ miles, the passenger seat back popped off. Already fixed that...but c'mon, couldn't even make it 1-2 days without something acting up already. Still, drives beautifully. Even with garbage tires. I'm **** about cleaning and maintaining my cars so feel like I need a couple of days with it to really clean everything up the dealer missed and it will be good to go.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Pillow
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Got them to drop the price to help pay for a new set of Pirellis I already ordered.
Good they moved on price even when you were pretty committed already. These dealers just claim "mint" and dont think twice about it. You are correct in saying that a 10 yo car will have some wear and issues, but it is part of the fun.

I'm **** about cleaning and maintaining my cars so feel like I need a couple of days with it to really clean everything up the dealer missed and it will be good to go.
Yup!!! Get the Q-Tips out

Congrats as you are home safe and sound. Enjoy the Cayenne!!!
Old 03-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,159 Likes on 3,925 Posts

Congrats - she looks really good.

Don't worry about the seat back - that has happened or will happen to all of them. Happened to my driver's side when they put it into the drying booth after painting and the heat caused the adhesive to release. They put it back together with the same 3M panel bond they were mounting the flares with. I expect the other side to fall off at some point too. Stinks when you're excited about having your new car home, but stuff happens and you fix it and move on.

I didn't even have the body shop clean mine - much - as I knew what they did wouldn't meet my requirements, and they gave me a discount for not having the detailer come by.

Quick Reply: Red flags or am I being to picky