Sponsored by:

Brake Booster Hose(955)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Brake Booster Hose(955)

Who has done the long vacuum line behind the wiper arm cowl area? Pics help....

TIA
Old 01-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

I've not done it, but was planning on taking pictures when I do the front suspension as access to the strut mounts is basically the same:

1) Mark resting wiper positions
2) Remove wipers
3) Remove cowl panel
4) Access vacuum line
5) Reverse process

I've thought about replacing it "while I'm in there" for the suspension, but the line seems relatively protected and seems to have good integrity (tested only by sucking on the vacuum line in the engine).

From peeking under the passenger side of the cowl, the line looks pretty accessible once you get the cowl off.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you getting the brake booster faulty message?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:09 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I just did mine a month ago, sorry no pics. You'll have to pull the wiper arms *which means you also pull the long plastic panel off afterward to give you access to the inner firewall) and either pull the wiper motor or tilt it up a little unless your really skilled at threading it through the back. There are two plastic clips on the inner firewall down there that the hose clips into once you've got it through. I used a wooden dowel about two feet long to press against the hose to get it to snap in place. With the bends it's a pain. It comes with the vacuum sensor on it (the one that gives you the fault in the first place. The hose behind the firewall was in good shape, it had a crack on the short portion that comes through the firewall on the passenger (right side) starting right at the connection. It plugs into the rubber grommet on the booster on the drivers side. I pulled the old one out of the booster and put a touch of silicone grease wiped on the new one so it slid into the grommet fairly easy. There is a couple of plugs around the booster you will have to move to get at it.

Quick Reply: Brake Booster Hose(955)