Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took porsche to dealership and they scratched the windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 12:35 PM
afk84
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took porsche to dealership and they scratched the windshield.

Around christmas I took the porsche to get an oil change at the dealership. A few days later I get the car back and there are scratches on the windshield. I contact managers via phone and email to no response. Eventually I call the GM who refers me to another manager who asks me to bring the car in. I bring the car in and they inspect it. Everything is going smoothly and then the service manager barges in with a very upset look on his face. He then accuses me of lying and saying I brought the car in scratched. He says there’s no way they scratched the car and that because I brought in the car to get the windshield wipers replaced I’m being suspicious. (I brought the car in for an oil change and they said the wipers needed to be replaced so I did that.) I’m honestly in shock. The guy was acting like I was trying to scam the place out of a windshield? It was absolutely ridiculous. I’ve had BMWs, Mercedes, hell even Honda has never ever treated me like this. In the middle of the lobby this man was berating me in front of everyone and I just sat there shocked as to what was happening. I left because I didn’t want to start yelling but I’m not sure what to do now. I’m going to call the GM and I called Porsche USA’s number and spoke to someone and they said they’d pass on the information and couldn’t guarantee anything. Not sure what to do at this point.

Last edited by afk84; 01-08-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

He said, he said at this point. You probably got no paperwork when you dropped it off (standard) and the invoice says oil change and wipers.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:50 PM
afk84
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Avec
He said, he said at this point. You probably got no paperwork when you dropped it off (standard) and the invoice says oil change and wipers.
true, but I did get the service report back and there was no mention of any scratch on the windshield. Keep in mind the scratch is huge and goes across the entire windshield.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Post a picture of the scratch. I would have pulled out my phone and started recording that belligerent tool to let everyone on youtube laugh at him. There is probably not much you can do at this point being it your word against his. My insurance glass deductable is only $50. Perhaps yours is similar and this isn't such a big problem besides the awful treatment by the stealership.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:51 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Call and ask the service manager if he could meet you at the receptionist desk, and that you would like to apologize.

Then do this-

Old 01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

We need a photo of the scratch. I bet they messed up when installing the wipers, tested it, the wiper came off and the arm with no wiper cycled and scratched the windshield. Or, he had the wiper arms up and then opened the hood - look for any paint scratches on the trailing edge of the hood where it would have hit the wiper arms had this happened.

If you go back up there, ask the GM if they have cameras in the service dept and then together go to the monitoring room so you can see what happened together. If you ask over the phone, they can delete the file that shows their error before you can see it personally. There's no reason for a service department to not have cameras these days. An HD Wyze cam is $20 - they could have one at each service station - and would help protect the dealership from situations like this when they're not actually at fault - of course the opposite is true, like in this case, but they shouldn't be trying to screw their customers either.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:52 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Did they wash it after the oil change? That's where it got scratched. Never let the dealership wash your car.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Jd_gts
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Did they wash it after the oil change? That's where it got scratched. Never let the dealership do anything to your car.
fixed
Old 01-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

your post is vague as to what happened when you picked up the car. Why did you leave the dealership without discussing this with the service manager. I see you say you phoned and emailed but why not make a fuss when you picked up the car? not that it abosolves the dealership of anything but would have been prudent to deal with it at pick up.
unfortunately this type of thing is common at Porsche dealerships. They seem to have too many customers that they don't need to provide decent customer service.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:00 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
Call and ask the service manager if he could meet you at the receptionist desk, and that you would like to apologize.

Then do this-

https://youtu.be/5CG3NAt0MTw
that one really cracked me up!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
We need a photo of the scratch. I bet they messed up when installing the wipers, tested it, the wiper came off and the arm with no wiper cycled and scratched the windshield.
I had this happen to an old car and it left a nice deep scratch all the way through the entire travel of the wiper arm right where the attachment point for the blade was located. I made sure all of my wipers have been firmly and securely connected ever since!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 194 Posts

Which dealership?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Still waiting on photographs.

Quick Reply: Took porsche to dealership and they scratched the windshield.