Sponsored by:

Android Unit Power Supply

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:29 PM
hawgman
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Android Unit Power Supply

I bought a Seicane unit and it came with 2 ISO cords. The one that fit mine best had the one big plug. Between it and the seicane radio connection was a small white plug.(see below - #2). Does anyone know where the white plug connects? The 08 cayenne has no existing locations for that plug and my unit is not powering up. I asked Seicane and they said to install the Most connector to power the unit up. I thought the Iso plugs would do that and the Most would supply sound. Is my thinking wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Morganmobile
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgman
I bought a Seicane unit and it came with 2 ISO cords. The one that fit mine best had the one big plug. Between it and the seicane radio connection was a small white plug.(see below - #2). Does anyone know where the white plug connects? The 08 cayenne has no existing locations for that plug and my unit is not powering up. I asked Seicane and they said to install the Most connector to power the unit up. I thought the Iso plugs would do that and the Most would supply sound. Is my thinking wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I do not have any specific experience with the Seicane unit but if you are using the cable shown in the second picture I think you will need to move the CanBus adapter from the cable in first picture to the white plus in the second picture.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

When I wired mine in, I had to splice one of the power wires. I think it was the always hot. I may need to pull out my unit to try a different USB connector, so I can take a look if I do.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My head unit (a Hiriot) would not power up until I had the MOST Bus decoder also plugged into the head unit harness and wired to Bat+, GND, and ACC.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post15315826
MOST ground splices into Android harness ground wire. Add another splice at same time for a ground lug and/or other device grounds.
MOST ACC wire connects to blue AMPCON wire on Android head unit speaker output harness.
MOST BATT 12V wire splices to Android head unit power harness power wire.
MOST RCA wires connect to FRONT OUT L and FRONT OUT R of the Android head unit speaker output harness.
My 2004 CTT had the PCM 2.0 with the CDROM Navigation. It had a yellow and blue connector, the yellow had CANhigh and CAN Low and had to be plugged into the adapter cable that said "Cayenne Small Head" in Chinese. It was not obvious that is would plug in at all since the connectors looked totally different. Your connector looks like the "Cayenne Big Head" connector, so i'm not sure what else you have to plug in
Old 01-03-2019, 06:53 PM
hawgman
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got it guys. After i quit kicking myself for not swapping over the can bus puck like Morganmobile suggested, i soldered in the Most adapter to the same color wires going to the can bus puck. Red to red, yellow to yellow and black to black, plugged it in and voila!! A super cool unit.

I left the iso wire and the rca connection unplugged from the radio until i tucked all the new hardware in varous holes and then plugged it into the radio. Slid right in.

Thank you all very much for the help,

Now the fun begins!!

Quick Reply: Android Unit Power Supply