Sponsored by:

System Headlamp Fault

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:48 PM
Kev90sc1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Headlamp Fault

I just replaced the LF xenon headlamp assembly on my 09 957 with a nice used part, due to moisture in the lens, faulty aiming motor and ballast. The replacement light matched by part number and year. The light works fine and seems to be aimed well, but I am still getting the system fault message. I've read that the ballast has to be re-programmed to match the VIN before the fault with go away,I just wondering what my options are, is the local Porsche dealer the only one who can do this? Thanks
Old 11-21-2018, 11:50 AM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts

You need a shop with PIWIS to re-program it, so that's either a dealer or indy shop that specifically has PIWIS. VCDS, Durametric, iCarScan (or whatever it's called) are useless here. 1hr labor, anywhere between $150 and $185 depending on your local rates.

I was in same boat earlier this year. A local indy shop wanted $150, dealer was $175 - 10% coupon they had on their website. I went with the dealer as I had more confidence in them getting the job done. Reprogrammed and the error is gone.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:33 PM
Kev90sc1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slavie
You need a shop with PIWIS to re-program it, so that's either a dealer or indy shop that specifically has PIWIS. VCDS, Durametric, iCarScan (or whatever it's called) are useless here. 1hr labor, anywhere between $150 and $185 depending on your local rates.

I was in same boat earlier this year. A local indy shop wanted $150, dealer was $175 - 10% coupon they had on their website. I went with the dealer as I had more confidence in them getting the job done. Reprogrammed and the error is gone.
Thank you appreciate the info, now to find a local indy with PIWIS, my nearest dealer is 1.5 hours away unfortunately.

Quick Reply: System Headlamp Fault