Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne ignition coil rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 03:17 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I believe Porsche is on the 22nd revision, not exactly confidence inspiring they know what the heck they're doing. Pretty sure my Cayenne Turbo will be the last Porsche I try to daily drive, there are just too many bone head engineering faults and cost cutting going on.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:37 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
I believe Porsche is on the 22nd revision, not exactly confidence inspiring they know what the heck they're doing. Pretty sure my Cayenne Turbo will be the last Porsche I try to daily drive, there are just too many bone head engineering faults and cost cutting going on.
That's why they average 14k$ profit with every vehicle sold last year. It's not just Porsche and there is no market without buyers so you are the minority. I'd hate to see you miss out because all brands and models have serious QC/Engineering/Software issue these days and the market drives that. When people quit buying a new vehicle every two years and throwing them away @ 75K miles like they are all used up then things might change. It's pretty basic economics driven by sheeple.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:00 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
That's why they average 14k$ profit with every vehicle sold last year. It's not just Porsche and there is no market without buyers so you are the minority. I'd hate to see you miss out because all brands and models have serious QC/Engineering/Software issue these days and the market drives that. When people quit buying a new vehicle every two years and throwing them away @ 75K miles like they are all used up then things might change. It's pretty basic economics driven by sheeple.
Thankfully I work on my own cars and don't have to rely on someone else to fix them. If I had to pay someone to keep my Cayenne on the road, i'm sure my total bill would be well over $15k and I haven't even hit 80k miles. LOL!

Pretty sure average margin per vehicle on a new Porsche is closer to $18k. As you said, you don't make those kind of numbers without some serious cost cutting. I disagree that "all brands and models have serious QC/Engineering/software issues". It seems only my German cars possess these issues. My 30 year old 928's and 944's are more reliable than my Cayenne, that's pretty sad. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cayenne, but I'm also a realist, and their is some serious bone head QC issues that should NOT happen with a SUV that cost $100k. Thankfully we have a Lexus in the fleet that needs absolutely nothing since day one and I can always get to work when need be. I just won't be buying another Porsche as a "daily driver", too unreliable for me.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:07 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 444 Posts

I've been dailying a 2005 P!g since 2010, bought with 82k, now at 158k. It's only let me down a couple of times, both times for wear-out items (fuel pumps, coils).
Old 10-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
I've been dailying a 2005 P!g since 2010, bought with 82k, now at 158k. It's only let me down a couple of times, both times for wear-out items (fuel pumps, coils).
Don't you have the one with a VW engine in it?

Quick Reply: Cayenne ignition coil rant