Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't set the date!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 08:43 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

lol.....mine has been stuck at 1 day ahead for a while...it's 12/5/2018 today...NOT
Old 12-04-2018, 11:30 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 219 Likes on 173 Posts

So weird. I will ask when I go in for the major service next month.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default My date

Originally Posted by Libast
So weird. I will ask when I go in for the major service next month.
Did anyone figure this out, I don't know when mine dissapeared, as I usually have it on the audio screen, but just noticed my date is blank too.
I replaced my battery about a month ago, not sure if That had anything to do with it,,and my gps/nav is working fine. I tried the 1-4-8 to reset the pcm, but nothing.
gonna try ejecting the dvd and reinserting, but don't know what else to do.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Bestisme
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just replaced my battery two days ago and the exact same thing is occurring to my MAIN display - the date does not display. Any one figure out how to resolve this yet?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:27 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

So ejecting the nav disk for the DVD unit did nothing.
I double checked satellite's, getting 7 or 8, and NAV works fine, so if the date is to be set from the NAV, my antenna is working fine, so it has to be related to something else.
Next thing I might try is pulling a fuse for the PCM, but I thought someone else tried that already?
I tried setting the time through the menus in the central gauge cluster, using the actual time set button in the IP, and they only let you set the time of course, and 12/24 format. And through the PCM, only the date format. I tried changing the date format to other formats, and that did nothing.
This is really odd!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:12 PM
sand8
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this issue as well, after battery change. It happened to my other car as well, wrong date and time (MB). In the MB, I can disable the car time/date to sync with GPS. So not too bad. This is not possible in Cayenne.

In Cayenne, I think that when replacing battery, the local time (car hardware clock) also got reset. And the GPS needs to have a reference of local time in order to get started. I am thinking of removing the PCM fuse for a few seconds and basically to simulate the changing of the battery without resetting the car clock. Or, I need to connect battery maintainer before changing the main battery so that the local time is always available.

Where is the PCM fuse location?

Thanks,
Sinclair
Old 01-11-2019, 02:57 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Same issue. When I got my '06 back after some work at the dealer, the date was advanced two days, I've been through the base manual and the and the PCM manual, and neither address changing the date; only the date format.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:22 PM
Mike_H
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wrong date in PCM setup/no date display/clock change

Just picked up my 2008 Cayenne S (PCM 2.1 with Navi & Bose) from the dealer after having the battery changed.

Now at starting, sometimes the clock in the dash/below PCM indicates the correct time and sometimes it is off random amounts from the actual time. If it is different from actual by random times, after driving a little while (30 seconds to 3 minutes), the dash/below PCM clocks will change to the correct time?? Took the cayenne back to the dealer for them to look at and after lots of diagnostic tests and several days at the dealer they report that all systems are working properly?? Dealer reached out to Porsche NA tech help and tech helped stated that they have recently seen this on a number of "older" systems and the issue has to do with a GPS system update. Nothing they can do??

Picked up the cayenne from the dealer and the clock was fine. One day later, I go to start the cayenne and the dash/below PCM clocks are wrong again and correct themselves after 2 minutes??

After reading this thread, I took at look at the display and the date display is also gone now . In the "Main->Set->PCM System" menu the date is "02/09/00"??

So it seems like the GPS system update possibly effects both the date and time display/syncing?

PCM software version is 4.1

Took a look at the four sub software versions (PCM, System Software, Amplifier, Navigation System) and the only one with inconsistent entries is the navigation system submenu

The "target" and "actual" entries for all of the sub software version match except for the Navigation System submenu. The "target" entry is blank but the "Actual" is 00179436/3306??

Do the Navigation system entries match on those of you that have navigation?

I am going to give the dealer a call when they open and ask if their diagnostic system can set the date on the PCM.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Mike_H
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up my 2008 Cayenne S (Nav & Bose) from the dealer after having the battery changed.Now sometimes when it starts, the clocks on the dash & “below PCM indicate either the correct or wrong time. When they indicate the wrong time, after driving for 30 seconds to 4 minutes the dash & “below PCM” clocks change to the correct time?Took the Cayenne back to the dealer to have them look at it. After several days and lots of diagnostic tests, the dealer reports that no system is reporting a problem. So they reached out to Porsche NA for help. Porsche NA reported that they have recently started to see the issue with older systems. Something to do with an update of the world wide GPS system? Nothing they can do about it.After reading this thread I looked for the date and it no longer appears in the display! I found the date digging down into the sub menus and it is also wrong…it’s 2/10/00?I checked the versions of the four sub software’s (PCM, System software, Amplifier and Navigation system) and the only one with strange entries is the Navigation system. The “target” entry is blank but the “actual” entry is 00179436/3306? The target and actual entries for the other three software’s match?For those of you with working date displays, what are the entries in the navigation system software fields?Thanks for your help.
The following users liked this post:
Randimal (07-10-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 10:54 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 219 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_H
Just picked up my 2008 Cayenne S (Nav & Bose) from the dealer after having the battery changed.Now sometimes when it starts, the clocks on the dash & “below PCM indicate either the correct or wrong time. When they indicate the wrong time, after driving for 30 seconds to 4 minutes the dash & “below PCM” clocks change to the correct time?Took the Cayenne back to the dealer to have them look at it. After several days and lots of diagnostic tests, the dealer reports that no system is reporting a problem. So they reached out to Porsche NA for help. Porsche NA reported that they have recently started to see the issue with older systems. Something to do with an update of the world wide GPS system? Nothing they can do about it.After reading this thread I looked for the date and it no longer appears in the display! I found the date digging down into the sub menus and it is also wrong…it’s 2/10/00?I checked the versions of the four sub software’s (PCM, System software, Amplifier and Navigation system) and the only one with strange entries is the Navigation system. The “target” entry is blank but the “actual” entry is 00179436/3306? The target and actual entries for the other three software’s match?For those of you with working date displays, what are the entries in the navigation system software fields?Thanks for your help.
My target entry is blank too- I suspected that it is a software bug and the GPS "date" signal now being sent is not being understood correctly by the PCM, and so it spits out a default value. I don't know if there is going to be a fix for this one from our end :\
Randimal (07-10-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 01:59 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Stopped by the dealer yesterday and they didn't have a clue how to reset the date ('06 w/PCM 2.0). It's date displayed has been two days ahead since they had it to replace some hoses. I saw the previous comment about this cropping up on 955s and I wonder if there's a Y2K-like glitch in the Nav software that PNA is; surprise, surprise; reluctant to admit to.
Randimal (07-10-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 07:37 PM
MKITGO2
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 for same issue 2004 but date is 2 days behind. Can only choose Date format in the PCM menu... not the actual date.

Tried taking the Nav CD in and out and using Nav a bit.. no change.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:50 AM
koister2001
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same issue with time. Subscribing
Old 01-19-2019, 11:01 PM
Luke Lear
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same date issue

i have tried three different PCM 2.1 units and they all are up to date, have the correct target and entered values, and I am missing the date as well. Mine is back in 2000. Hoping that Porsche NA sends out an update to fix.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:37 AM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Has anyone has tried rolling the time setting forward or back by sufficient hours to change the date to a different day?

Quick Reply: Can't set the date!