Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with TPMS

Old 09-15-2018, 07:06 PM
angusc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with TPMS

I have a Cayenne Turbo S 2006 and it has the TPMS installed from factory. I have owned the car for three years but the TPMS never gave pressure readings on the dash. When I replaced all the tyres I purchased some new wheel sensors and had them fitted at the same time. The old ones were the originals from 2006 so probably had flat batteries. However I can't get them to register and give out pressure readings. Even after setting up the wheel diameters and tyre sizes on the dash display. I noticed each sensor had a sticker on it so I took a photo before they were fitted (see attached). Do they need to be set up on the PIWIS Maggie they will work? They are the same frequency as the old ones for Europe. Thanx if anyone could spare the time to explain how the get these to work........
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Is that 433 in the number the MHz rating of the TPMS sensors that were installed? I've read conflicting reports about a frequency change in 2007 but other places say 433 MHz is used on all years. Do you have one of the removed old sensors that might show the frequency on it?

The car should just find the sensors and ask you wheel questions once you start driving, at least that's what my 09 957 did.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:48 AM
angusc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the original was same frequency as the new items fitted. Attached are the ones that I purchased and the seller did confirm they fired my chassis number prior to purchasing.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:20 PM
MKITGO2
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know it's been a while, but did you have any luck resolving this. I have basically the same issue on my '04 CTT. Purchased in June and the TPMS were dead... figured batteries had died. Did some reading and ordered 4 new Autel 433Mhz sensors from Amazon and had the shop install them when installing my winter tires. Went into Tyre settings and adjusted to winter and different size to trigger relearning. Have put around 60km on the CTT since and am still not getting readings. Warning message "No Montoring System Learning" comes up on startup. I am not getting any prompts or questions from the display/computer.

Am I missing something else? starting to wonder if I need to clone the old sensors in some way.

MK
Old 11-02-2018, 04:36 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

It takes about 2-3 days and many start stop cycles for mine to work every spring and fall when I change tires. I just reset the tire size and drive normally till it finally works.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:06 PM
MKITGO2
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks... that makes me feel better.. I guess I'll give it a few days before throwing more $$ at it.. (was contemplating buying a scanner or taking it to the Dealership)

MK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with TPMS