Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 CTT - The beginning of my Porsche journey

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 10:04 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what the other one looks like, so I have to say YES!
Old 08-13-2018, 05:35 PM
mspa
Intermediate

The Sheriff comes through, thanks!!

---

I don't suppose anyone has ever tried to remove their ski bag? There is no way that I can get this bag folded up so that it stays in place. No wonder the latches on the ski bag doors break off.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:42 AM
kraeburn
Instructor

Originally Posted by mspa
The Sheriff comes through, thanks!!

---

I don't suppose anyone has ever tried to remove their ski bag? There is no way that I can get this bag folded up so that it stays in place. No wonder the latches on the ski bag doors break off.
I made the mistake of actually using mine this winter and also could not get it back in. After many attempts and a broken latch, I just cut it out. The bag is nice but I'm never going to use it anyways if its that much work to get back in its home.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:36 PM
mspa
Intermediate

I thought of that, but I know I'll use mine for cross country skis, rather that putting a carrier on top, which would make it impossible to get back in the garage.

On a side note ... does this site load super slow for anyone else, when trying to log in??? I feel like I'm playing a game with my browser. The page keeps jumping around as ads load (the issue) and it's like target practice clicking on the Login as it moves around.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Morganmobile
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

@mspa

how do you fit any XC skis in there? Mine are far too long for that.

Need to to use my roof box for my XC skis and snowboard.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:08 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Hmm. I just assumed they would fit. Guess I better go to the garage and check!?!?!

[ update 8/18 ]

We have classic crosscountry skis and they fit with room to spare. What is even better than that, is I got the SKI BAG back in it's compartment!!!!!!

If I get bold enough, I may pull the bag back out to take photos for anyone interested. However, as I looked at the bag, I noticed the sides are tall and have a fold line. You push the sides in on both sides, which makes the bag the exact width it needs to be. Once you get it flat, start at the front end, and fold to the height of the opening. It may take a few tries, but eventually, you will fold the bag so it fits the opening. When you get it the right size, you will need to cinch the belt (A) that wraps around it to get it flat and tight. I found that as I cinched the belt, I had to stop to pull the belt in order to keep the buckle facing up. This won't take long. Maybe a few pulls. The idea is to fit the bag into the opening, but realize the extra buckle (B) that hangs from the main belt needs to carefully be pushed downward behind the opening. It's too bulky to allow the door to close, so it has to be pushed down out of the way.

Ski bag is folded up. Use belt to tighten around AFTER you properly fold bag back up. This took me less than a minute.

Circle indicates the side of inner door where a tab is broken off. It is possible to replace the broken tab as the inside of this door assembly is attached by screws.

The rear arm console lid tab is broken. It appears that the entire unit has to be replaced to fix the tab.

Ski bag stays put, even with one working tab on the inside door.

Nice to see the bag not pop out the rear door!

Last edited by mspa; 08-18-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:02 PM
jbaker136
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Suncoast Porsche Parts is great about helping find small trim parts and selling separate items (individual switch covers) that other dealers wont sell separately from a bigger assembly. Their prices are pretty great too. I compare between Suncoast and Guadin Porsche Parts for the best prices and part locating assistance.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/category/955tt_inttrim.html?CatListingOffset=0&Offset=0&Per_Page=12&Sort_By=disp_ order

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/a...ngine/body-cat

Jeff
Old 08-14-2018, 03:16 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Good to know. I appreciate that tip!
Old 08-18-2018, 12:17 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Thank you Shane!

This part is for the VW Touareg, manufactured 3/2006, and part number is 7L0 885 557. This is one of those cases where it's nice to have interchangeable parts between makes. Here's a pic of the bottom of the part.

I still need a pair of the correct screws for this piece. I have discovered that the N-10657302 part number and the N0139477 part number actually interchange with each other. Ordering those today! [ UPDATE :: Got screws at dealer on Friday and installed before trip ... just in time! ]

Originally Posted by SheriffShaner111

Is this right?

Last edited by mspa; 08-26-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 CTT - The beginning of my Porsche journey