Sponsored by:

Intermittent back up camera operation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Jerry Coleman II
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intermittent back up camera operation

My 2010 GTS camera has been inconsistent. Sometimes it works as it should but most times, it only shows the black screen with the normal warning message across the top. Has anyone experienced this or is it the beginning of the end for my PCM? Side-note, the PCM is also giving me the random reboot with white screen every other day.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:26 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Could be the PCM but I would guess it is more likely the camera. The OEM cameras never seem to last. Porsche used the same camera for the 955's and 957's. I think the manufacture was Kuhne. With some DIY it can be replaced with a cheap $20~$25 Ebay camera which has as good or better of a picture. If the extension mechanism is still working you can mount a camera in place of the original. If not you can do one that replaces one of the license plate lights, they come with a small LED light so you still get lighting on both sides of the plate. European manufacturers use FAKRA connections and most aftermarket cameras uses RCA so you will need a FAKRA to RCA adapter. You can do more searching on here and you will find a few threads on it.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:27 PM
Jerry Coleman II
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Intermittent back up camera operation