Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne GTS block off plates

Old 06-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ScootCherHienie
college freshman in 1968. I was in an automotive engineering co-op program, 5 years, averaged 35 to 40 class hours per week, Monday - Friday and half a day on Saturday with very few "off" hours. Same curriculum as MIT but I had 12 weeks to finish the work they did in 18 week semesters at MIT. First year at Pontiac Motor Division in Pontiac, MI, rest of the years working at GM Tech Center where I saw Zora Arkus Duntov, John Delorian, and Bill Mitchell periodically. The best thing I learned in college was that I never wanted to work for GM, Ford, or Chrysler back in the 70s when I graduated... MAN were they messed up companies! I saw some interesting stuff, really interesting stuff... I ran CAD on a computer terminal with a light pen in 1970 something very advanced and rare at that time, but I also wrote programs in Fortran on punch cards, tech from the 1950s that was pretty much obsolete by 1970 but was still used to make full-size drawings of cars on huge x-y plotters... bizarre stuff. If management hadn't had their heads so far up their butts that they could still breathe, I'm sure I'd have retired from GM. Best part was they paid me while I worked roughly half the year and that paid for tuition, rent, food, transportation, clothes... all I hit my parents up for was a $500 car (a '62 Buick LeSabre 4 door hardtop) so I could get back and forth between work and school and move all my stuff when I switched from school to work and back. No debt when I graduated, but it was BRUTAL... 500-something people in the freshman class (3 girls), 115 in the graduating class (last girl gone at end of first sophomore semester).
You didn't get it, did you?

Wow, did you say college freshman in 68 or current high school freshmen?!?

i can’t tell from your replies...

To busy stroking your own ego to see it

My guess is you will come back with "oh, I was just ignoring it", but you really just were aching to jump back in to talking about yourself
Old 06-04-2018, 10:13 AM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Avec
You didn't get it, did you?

To busy stroking your own ego to see it

My guess is you will come back with "oh, I was just ignoring it", but you really just were aching to jump back in to talking about yourself
Everybody understands you're butt hurt because you thought you had made a million dollar MPG increasing discovery and others came in here and pooped on your parade with some mild criticism. Boohoo. Lick your wounds and cool off a bit, ok?
Old 06-04-2018, 01:46 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

OK, new guy to this flame war.

I will say that I found ScootCherHienie's listing of his very closely related credentials to be helpful and very relevant to an independent reader trying to understand who knows what. I believed his point before the credentials (it matched my own understanding of physics and engineering), but it sure helped.

I'm sure the store manager at PepBoys is very confident in his opinion about the effect of a cold air intake on MPG too, but if he got that opinion from reading promotional literature and butt dyno test results, it probably is not worth much. If he told me that his opinion came from his former job as a professor at the MIT Sloan Automotive Lab, I'd probably listen more closely.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Anyone reading this can be as much of a ***** as they want to be. I simply out-pricked the prickers by beating them at their own game. Choosing to act on personal prejudices without knowing the person who made the post(s) that so irritated you is a character issue that should be worked-on.

Yes, " got it" (college freshman in 68 or high school freshman now?). And I knew that the answer I posted following your snotty post would infuriate you beyond measure. It certainly worked! Age and experience beat youth and dumbassery everytime.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 PM
frederickcook87
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow, who’s butt hurt and infuriated?

million dollar mpg discovery??
pooped on my parade??

more middle school level boyish bs....

wow....

i can can only sit back and smirk....

Old 06-19-2018, 10:09 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Consider this the only warning you are going to get. ANYONE who continues this pissing contest in any manner or way will be suspended from Rennlist for 2 weeks. This is the only warning you're going to get. That is not how the Cayenne forum works. Other forums on Rennlist may give more latitude to personal attacks and name calling - I do NOT.

Last edited by deilenberger; 06-19-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS block off plates