Sponsored by:

turn signal indicator in cluster doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:10 PM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default turn signal indicator in cluster doesn't work

this afternoon i started to see an odd issue.. start the car, hit the turn signal and it blink s in the cluster 2 or 3 times and then stops lighting up in the cluster. the actual turn signals still work but no "click" and not arrow in the cluster. also the cluster initially at least was lit up like it was dark out even though it was daylight. (auto headlights did not come on).. i haven't had a chance to scan it and see if there are any codes, but any idea what this could be?
Old 05-25-2018, 08:33 AM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

if any one else runs into something similar:

I scanned this morning and there were 2 faults:
00457 - Control Module for Network (J519) --004 - No Signal/Communication
and
00470 - Company Comfort Databus in Single Wire -- 011 - Open Circuit

I'm sure it was the 2nd one, but I cleared them and so far they haven't come back... ah the joys of owning a 14 year old car
Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

All modern Porsches have a lane change signal, where just touching the signal stalk either up or down will flash the signal lights on that side 3 times, then turn them off. Sounds like maybe your stalk isn't going beyond that position to engage the continuous turn signal since that's when you'd hear the click and would stay on until you either complete the turn and the post on the wheel cancels it your you manually turn it off.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:27 AM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
All modern Porsches have a lane change signal, where just touching the signal stalk either up or down will flash the signal lights on that side 3 times, then turn them off. Sounds like maybe your stalk isn't going beyond that position to engage the continuous turn signal since that's when you'd hear the click and would stay on until you either complete the turn and the post on the wheel cancels it your you manually turn it off.
I think it was just a random (hopefully) electrical issue. I don't think the problem was with the signal stalk, since the lane change signals themselves actually still worked, it was just the green arrows/clicking noise in the instrument cluster that didn't work. --- hopefully the issue doesn't return..

Quick Reply: turn signal indicator in cluster doesn't work