Sponsored by:

2008 Cayenne base : drivers door actuator

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 12:40 AM
bcheney
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Cayenne base : drivers door actuator

Who can tell me the steps R&R the door actuator? I was told today that this is about a 5hr job that is a PIA as you have to take apart much of the door. My problem is that all of the doors will lock and unlock except the drivers door...I suspect the actuator is bad and needs to be replaced. Hoping to DIY this as I don’t want to have to pay a shop over $500 labor plus the part...crazy that this could end up costing $800 - $900 to repair. Really hoping to hear some good news. The drivers door is now closed and won’t open for me at all. It’s intermittent so I am hoping I can get it open again. It opened the other day and I was able to take the door panel off and just hang it in place on the door without its fasteners. So, at least I have access...just need to get it open again! Let me know if you have any tips tricks to help address this problem
Old 05-24-2018, 12:59 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have the answer for you but I'm having the same issues with my Driver and Lft passenger door lock actuators. I talked to my mechanic and he said that they are know to go bad because they are all made out of plastic and he's changed out 100s of them. The Cayenne he was saying that the Drive and Lft rear doors actuators are the ones that go bad. He's never had any issues with the Rt sides.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:24 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

I replaced the DLA in my left rear door of my 2004 S.

Here's some info on that:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post14783214

Your car may be a little different, and the driver's door will be a little more involved due to the key cylinder. But definitely the basic principles are the same - DUC, etc. Very interesting design, I think.

Another tip is that once you get in there, you may find that the original part is VW / Audi, with a VW part number on there, and you will save a ton on the replacement part. I think if you have KESSY, you'll be out of luck there, though.

Petza914 had an issue reinstalling one of his DLA's on his build thread, and had some really good photos in there regarding the adjustment of the outer-handle cable, which is critical.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:04 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Your problem may not be the actuators, but the length of the cable going to the handle assembly. I created a DIY with photos and had Don put it into the Cayenne DIY subforum, so see if that's your issue before going further with disassembly of anything.

Here's the link - https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-diy/1069169-955-957-cayenne-diy-door-handle-s-inoperable-fix.html

Quick Reply: 2008 Cayenne base : drivers door actuator