cayenne20007
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to forum - 2007 Cayenne S

Hi

I picked up a 2007 Cayenne 4.8S with 100k on the clock with Air suspension

Seems to be in a decent state

Fixed the following issues
  1. Car was fitted with the original battery, put in a new Yuasa Battery and installed a Ctek comfort indicator under the passenger seat (right hand drive), the old battery actually worked okay for a few months but got stranded once and cranking it become increasingly more difficult.
  2. bought 4x alloys with new winter tyres off ebay for a very decent price (less than £400
  3. Coolant Thermostat had almost completely disintegrated, indie took off top half of the engine and replaced it as well as seals and U/S gaskets.
  4. Car was leaking oil also but this was fixed by replacing the oil sump plug. easy fix
  5. 4x new Michelin Latitude Sport 3 265/50 R19 Y (110) as the old tyres were very dodgy (it passed its mot but most have been a friendly testing station and I replaced them straight away
Issues to sort out still
  1. wheel locking nut of front 2 tyres are now impossible to get off, bought a new set and fitted it to the rear wheels, need to figure out a way to remove the front 2, i have the wheel locking nut but most have gotten damaged during the fitment of the new Michelins
  2. left rear light unit has a small crack in it, has some moist in it, moisture absorber bags did not resolve the issue, will possibly source a 2nd hand unit to replace it
Very pleased with the purchase and hope to get at least another 50k if not more out of it
Old 05-14-2018, 11:42 AM
NelaK
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase.

Pictures though. We need pictures. I'm pretty sure there's a rule somewhere about having to post pictures of your car.

As for the locking bolts - If it's just the key not working - you can get extractors. If it's seized on then let some penetrating oil soak for a day and an impact should probably get it. Heat could help too and in the worst case you might have to drill it out but I'm pretty sure you'd end up damaging the threads on the hub in the process...
Old 05-14-2018, 04:39 PM
cayenne20007
Intermediate

Default Some pictures

Old 05-14-2018, 04:43 PM
cayenne20007
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NelaK
Congratulations on the purchase.

As for the locking bolts - If it's just the key not working - you can get extractors. If it's seized on then let some penetrating oil soak for a day and an impact should probably get it. Heat could help too and in the worst case you might have to drill it out but I'm pretty sure you'd end up damaging the threads on the hub in the process...
Will give the oil trick a go this weekend thanks!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:54 PM
cayenne20007
Intermediate

Some of the shots of the engine taken apart to replace the thermostat, seals and u/s gaskets and the new Ctek comfort indicator

Engine (or what is left of it)

doh, cannot close the door anymore when charging, will move it to the front of the seat!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to forum - 2007 Cayenne S