Sponsored by:

Suspension Air release front passenger tire area - 2009 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 07:12 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Suspension Air release front passenger tire area - 2009 GTS

Within a minute of pulling in the garage I can hear an air release coming from the front passenger side tire area. This does not seem to happen all the time but ocasionally. Once in a long while maybe once a month I get an " air chassis faulty" warning on the dash display that goes away after restart. Any ideas? Is this normal? Thanks!

Last edited by destence; 05-09-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:10 PM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems completely normal to me. I've had my 09 CTTS for 3 years and it frequently releases pressure from the air suspension to level out after I park and hop out. I would say more than 50% of the time I hop out of the car and I hear it kick out some air to auto-level. No big deal. The chassis system fault may be an early sign of needing a new battery and nothing more... that is typically the first symptom. Best of luck, sounds to me like you are fine its the air suspension leveling itself out.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:13 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

The hissing sound, plus chassis fault is not normal. Put it in special terrain height and see if it hisses air (different sound vs the struts filling or airing down). If so, your strut may be leaking somewhere and your pump can't get to the right height by a certain time and throws the error. If it were my Cayenne, I'd figure out what the specific warning was about by reading out the fault and getting it corrected.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:03 PM
s-works
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello destence, I was going to make a post about this, but I had the exact same problem. Eventually the right front would not release the air and would stick in the up position intermittently.
The odd thing is I was not changing any suspension settings and did not go past 80 (goes into sport and lowers suspension) to troubleshoot. It ended up being the air check valve on front and back
of the passengers side. Was about $500 at the dealership for both. I was told the rear is the most common and did not have the front in stock, so had to overnight it. Driven it now for 2 months with no
issues.. Hope this helps...
Old 05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much for the responses. I will continue to monitor and follow up. What a great place!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:53 PM
bigbevo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by destence

Within a minute of pulling in the garage I can hear an air release coming from the front passenger side tire area. This does not seem to happen all the time but ocasionally. Once in a long while maybe once a month I get an " air chassis faulty" warning on the dash display that goes away after restart. Any ideas? Is this normal? Thanks!
Nice rig, and those wheels are very slick. Are they OEM? I have an 09 GTS and I'll sometimes hear air releasing from the front passenger side after I park. Like others said, maybe half the time.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:39 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

They are from a 2004 turbo I believe. here is a thread about them:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...tire-size.html
Old 05-19-2018, 10:22 AM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Normal with my GTS.
I assumed its coming from the compressor under the passenger floor area.
Also hear the same sound when slowly entering a county rd. from our driveway.

Its heard each time, after parking in my home garage.

No codes associated with this for 2.5 years.

Quick Reply: Suspension Air release front passenger tire area - 2009 GTS