Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 AM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Ordered right rear window regulator assembly and the 3 pop rivets and clip.

Hello Saturday project
Old 05-18-2019, 10:11 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 659 Posts

Durametric was showing multiple "Power Supply" fault codes with various modules. I had no idea how old my battery was as the otherwise complete paperwork from the PO had no mention of it. I tipped the seat back and it turns out I have a Interstate that is two months shy of being six years old.

I pulled it out and put the load tester on.

I checked the Interstate warranty and all that I can get is 10% off of a new battery. It's not much but better than nothing. Interstate closed at 3:00PM so I'll have to wait until Monday to get a replacement.
When I install the new battery, I'm including this Bluetooth Battery Monitor.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:30 AM
RSbob
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Just completed my first 1,300 mile road trip with the Cayenne with zero issues. Had my Jimmy Fix repair kit, tools and ramps, but no need. It drove great and love the passing power on two lane roads and on hill climbs. And the Tranzit Blue kept the tunes cranking which helped the miles fly by. 80 MPH seems to be a sweet spot but didn’t Cruze above that. Glad I bought it.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:03 AM
kadn33
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Adjusted the sagging driver's door with two washers and the door closes smooth and effortless now however the wind noise in the top aft corner remains: either need extra adjustment or the door seal is gone.
Tried the same on the passenger door but the top bolt was damaged from someone trying to loosen it before and will have to ask the indy to get it out when I take the car for the fuel pumps replacement.

Changed the cabin air filter as well since I noticed the air flow out of the vents was reduced. The old one proved to be pretty dusty after some sand storms it went through.

And last I did replace the engine torque strut with a cheap Chinese one for a try and noticed the idle dip coming to a stop has diminished considerably and less vibrations and shakes in general when driving. Idle is still rough and transmitted to the car because of the engine mounts. Next time I have to replace the strut I will use a powerflex bushing in the OEM removed.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:45 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbob
Just completed my first 1,300 mile road trip with the Cayenne with zero issues. Had my Jimmy Fix repair kit, tools and ramps, but no need. It drove great and love the passing power on two lane roads and on hill climbs. And the Tranzit Blue kept the tunes cranking which helped the miles fly by. 80 MPH seems to be a sweet spot but didn’t Cruze above that. Glad I bought it.
Great feeling to get the first big road trip behind you. Building trust that these things are incredibly reliable.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:59 AM
cayenne2008
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pads and rotors
Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 AM
cayenne2008
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 PM
tolbertiii
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While organizing some tools in the Cayenne yesterday (05 CTT) I discovered a huge amount of water in the spare tire well and a rusty subwoofer. I should have checked it after last month's discovery of gallons of water in the rocker panels after 2 weeks sitting at the airport. The driver's side floor was soaked from some serious thunderstorms.

If it wasn't from the rain, could it be from condensate?

Two questions for the hive mind. Other than the rocker panel and front hvac drains (thanks deilenberger!), where else should I be looking for clogged drains? My pig spends most of her days under the shade of an oak tree, so debris is a problem.

Second question. Should I replace this with an OEM subwoofer? I can get one off of eBay for about $100. I'm no audiophile, and the Bose system is fine with me. Just wondering if there is an obviously better replacement that is compatible with this system.

Here's the sad picture. This thing was full of water.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by tolbertiii
While organizing some tools in the Cayenne yesterday (05 CTT) I discovered a huge amount of water in the spare tire well and a rusty subwoofer. I should have checked it after last month's discovery of gallons of water in the rocker panels after 2 weeks sitting at the airport. The driver's side floor was soaked from some serious thunderstorms.

If it wasn't from the rain, could it be from condensate?

Two questions for the hive mind. Other than the rocker panel and front hvac drains (thanks deilenberger!), where else should I be looking for clogged drains? My pig spends most of her days under the shade of an oak tree, so debris is a problem.

Second question. Should I replace this with an OEM subwoofer? I can get one off of eBay for about $100. I'm no audiophile, and the Bose system is fine with me. Just wondering if there is an obviously better replacement that is compatible with this system.

Here's the sad picture. This thing was full of water.

On your subwoofer question, I would just buy the same used Bose unit again. It's often difficult to match other components to a Bose system due to power and impedence ratings for the stuff they use.

Water in the front footwell is probably from the clogged flapper drains accessible by removing the front wheelwell liners. Water in the rear cargo trunk area may be from clogged sunroof or Pano roof drains - you should check both the front and rear roof drains. Best cleaning and clearing tool is weedwacker string - stiff enough to go through, but not so stiff that it pushes apart junctions. You can also spin it if you hit a jammed up area and it sometimes can drill its way through. Also, check the drain tube junctions that are in the A-pillars as they can come apart if someone tries to clear a clogged drain line with compressed air.

This hole is where the rubber flapper that traps all the debris normally goes

This is what I cleaned out after removing the rubber flapper.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 444 Posts

I replaced the dash chime. $30 part, 3 tools, 1 hour. I took a bunch of pictures, so I'll do a full write up shortly.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:30 PM
tolbertiii
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
On your subwoofer question, I would just buy the same used Bose unit again. It's often difficult to match other components to a Bose system due to power and impedence ratings for the stuff they use.

Water in the front footwell is probably from the clogged flapper drains accessible by removing the front wheelwell liners. Water in the rear cargo trunk area may be from clogged sunroof or Pano roof drains - you should check both the front and rear roof drains. Best cleaning and clearing tool is weedwacker string - stiff enough to go through, but not so stiff that it pushes apart junctions. You can also spin it if you hit a jammed up area and it sometimes can drill its way through. Also, check the drain tube junctions that are in the A-pillars as they can come apart if someone tries to clear a clogged drain line with compressed air.
Thanks Petza914. I was thinking the same thing on the Bose subwoofer.

I believe I have the auxiliary air conditioner and my water problem is related to condensate. I'm going to monitor it a while and see if I can figure out if the hose is disconnected. The closure on mine did not appear to be clogged the way the one up front was a few months back.

Last edited by tolbertiii; 05-20-2019 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

tobertti - it might be to your benefit to start browsing the DIY subforum. Wet Cayennes have been heavily documented since they ALL DO THAT sooner or later. And the problems wet can cause.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:53 AM
tolbertiii
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
tobertti - it might be to your benefit to start browsing the DIY subforum. Wet Cayennes have been heavily documented since they ALL DO THAT sooner or later. And the problems wet can cause.
I'm an avid browser deilenberger! In fact, I used your DIY on the front hvac drains a few months ago and appreciate all your posts. I wouldn't even own this car if it weren't for all that I learned here on Rennlist.

My 955 has the "hot weather package", so I have the 4 zone air and thermal insulated glass. I think part of my confusion on the current cargo area problem is that I have the auxiliary air conditioner so I get condensate back there in addition to the more common wet floorboard issue with clogged firewall hvac drains.

Maybe the auxiliary air is not as common as I assumed. I think all I need to do is monitor it to see if I've got a condensate problem or a roof drain problem.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Uncle Jimmy
Intermediate

Default Road trip!

My wife and I took the Cayenne from Wiesbaden, Germany to Budapest, Hungary and back for a little one week vacation. A 2,300km round trip journey. That was the furthest I had driven it since ownership two and a half years ago. The ability to run it up over 240kph from time to time was nice, but to see it hold strong and steady at 180kph was great for a cruising speed. Today we finally returned home to Wiesbaden.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:59 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by tolbertiii
My 955 has the "hot weather package", so I have the 4 zone air and thermal insulated glass. I think part of my confusion on the current cargo area problem is that I have the auxiliary air conditioner so I get condensate back there in addition to the more common wet floorboard issue with clogged firewall hvac drains.

Maybe the auxiliary air is not as common as I assumed. I think all I need to do is monitor it to see if I've got a condensate problem or a roof drain problem.
I have no idea if the design is similar, but I was curious where the HVAC drain for my rear system was located, and I found it in the rear quarter panel bottom just behind the port side rear wheel. Usual Porsche birds-mount drain. Luckily very easy to get to one you know where to look for it. One of the pano-roof drains also exits in the same area.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To (or With) Your Cayenne Today ?