Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Exorcism Needed - Bluetooth related...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 05:25 PM
MHaas42
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Exorcism Needed - Bluetooth related...

The radio on my 2009 Cayenne has a bizarre glitch. The radio would shut off and immediately turn back on by itself at 2-3 minute intervals. After dealing with this for a day or two, I turned off the bluetooth on my phone and the problem stopped. Anytime anyone rides in my car and has their bluetooth on, regardless if the phone is paired with the car or not, the radio turns off and restarts periodically. I'll even be driving by myself and go through a crowded area occasionally and it happens, leading me to believe it picked up a bluetooth signal from someone near the car. I called the dealership to ask if there was some firmware update I could get and their suggestion was (shockingly) to just replace the radio. I could hire a band to ride with me and play music for less than the dealer would charge me for a new radio, so that isn't happening. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? I can live with just not having bluetooth, but I'd like to fix it if at all possible.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:30 PM
mastertvtech
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would disconnect power to the radio, and then reconnect. I would then unpair all phones (may happen during power cycle) and then reconnect them.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:37 PM
MHaas42
Track Day

I will pull the fuse and let it sit for a while before I plug it back in and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had this issue on 2009 Cayenne turbo s. This is a known issue. Go to dealer and have them re-flash the PCM. It originated with a bad line of code from the Sirius or XM (can't remember which) software download. Not Bluetooth related.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

I'd be inclined to follow the path of updating the firmware. But I've no idea what versions exist (or what you have already) for the 2009.

I don't think the BT support is from a separate module, is it? Because that'd be another way to approach it, disconnect the BT module. Or can it be specifically disabled by a dealer?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:29 AM
MHaas42
Track Day

I am going to follow Hammer911's advice and call the dealership about "flashing the PCM". However, when you say it isn't Bluetooth related, on mine it is. If all phones in the car have bluetooth turned off, the problem occurs maybe once a month when I'm in close proximity to a big group of people. If any phone in my car has bluetooth turned on, it happens every few minutes. Regardless, I'm going to call today and see what is involved with getting this done.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:59 PM
skifaster
8th Gear

I have this issue with my 997.2. it just started this week, and I do not have Bluetooth. Radio randomly turns on, then off, then on, and so on.... When it is on I have no control of any of the functions like volume, change station, etc... Never happened before. I used a radar detector for the first time and the outlet on the passenger side, which I never used before, but don't think that can be it. I will try to find the fuse and unplug to reset.

Quick Reply: Radio Exorcism Needed - Bluetooth related...