Sponsored by:

New to me 08 CTT

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:58 PM
dlesser
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to me 08 CTT

I just signed up as I purchased a great 2008 Cayenne Turbo today. 75k on the clock. Unfortunately my excitement was short lived. As I was taking it out for a spin to learn the controls, I got a coolant level low warning and pulled over and shut off the vehicle. I watch it dump out a large amount of coolant. Had to tow it home...after owning it for 3 hours. Ughh, that is some really bad luck. From what I can tell based on leak location it's the water distributor barb, and its all the way out. I don't have a visual on it but I have read enough to know I am just going to get in there and replace it or come up with one of the various fixes shown in the DIY of Rennlist. The job does not look to bad after working on a kei car I imported from Japan. Tight spaces are common and proper tools allow for some nifty tricks.

For the 2-3 hours she was running, I may be been pushing the vehicle more than the previous owner ever did.

If anyone has any advice or pointers please let me know. Otherwise, I found great info and since its my first time on this vehicle motor, it will be slowing going.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Man, that stinks, but I like the attitude to jump right in. Congrats on the new ride.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:11 PM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 220 Posts

You have the right attitude. You'll get it done and be back and driving in no time.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:06 PM
dlesser
3rd Gear

Made good progress on it so far. I was speculating about the problem before putting my eyes on it. I can confirm it is exactly what I thought happened. The barb came out of the water distributor. I also discovered that this vehicle already has the aluminum valley pipe. Looks like I will have a new one to sell or return if they let me. Waiting on the starter and I am going to remove the HP fuel pump and get my set screw repair ready.

Last edited by dlesser; 04-14-2018 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Missing Pictures
Old 04-15-2018, 01:55 PM
dlesser
3rd Gear

I got the repair almost done. Just need to apply JB Weld and let it cure for pressure test.

The fix for now!

Last edited by deilenberger; 04-15-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: See if I can make photos appear..
Old 04-15-2018, 02:47 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by dlesser
I got the repair almost done. Just need to apply JB Weld and let it cure for pressure test.

The fix for now!

Very odd - I can see your picture in the editor here - but can't just browsing the thread. Wonder what is up with that. Nice job on the set-screw!

DId some more experimenting - and it appears to be a network error on "CloudFlare" network who apparently buffers the messages from this website. I'll kick this up to management here and see if they can fix it.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:03 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Question on the repair - what did you use to seal the pipe into the hole? Just curious... my gut feeling would be JB Weld - my only concern might be if the pipe expands in length when hot and it was pressed all the way in the hole if that could allow it to walk it's way out.. probably overthinking it. Won't be the first or least time I've done that.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Very odd - I can see your picture in the editor here - but can't just browsing the thread. Wonder what is up with that. Nice job on the set-screw!

DId some more experimenting - and it appears to be a network error on "CloudFlare" network who apparently buffers the messages from this website. I'll kick this up to management here and see if they can fix it.
Lots of mobile image upload issues the past couple days. The image doesn't show after the uploader gets to 100℅ and they don't show in the uploader, just the icon that there's an image, and when you click on one in a thread it says it can't find the image so you can't zoom in. Something has been changed in the last few days.

Quick Reply: New to me 08 CTT