Sponsored by:

New to me '04 S

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Michael Duquette
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me '04 S

Greetings! I acquired an abused '04 S and need some guidance. There is no owners manual for me to refer to while working on some issues. Currently I have no lights or turn signals, the engine runs really rough and when I compare the drivers side fuse panel to a diagram I found while Googling there seem to be several missing fuses. Since I dont have a manual to refer to could someone provide a link to a downloadable fuse/relay diagram for an '04 S? My first step is to correct/verify all the fuses and relays and then resolve the vacuum leaks. It sounds like it has worse vacuum leaks then my '00 Boxster did when I picked it up.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:17 AM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts

The '04 manual has a misprint and that may be the diagram you have. The diagrams are correct but the manual refers to both being for the left side. Pull the passenger side fuse cover off and I bet the diagram you have matches that side. If so, you'll need to find the correct (real) driver's side diagram. To make things worse, the diagrams were on different pages in the manual, so it makes the error even less obvious.

As far as the headlights, each has a small harnesses that allows you to unplug and remove the entire headlight assembly...that small harness section is known to get brittle and disintegrate. I would check those first as the headlights take only a few seconds to pop out. There should be a tool in the trunk to release them. If not, a 1/4 ratchet with an extension and the correct size socket can be used.

Until you get an owner's manual, Google search is going to be your friend on the basic stuff.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Kirill
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

here is the manual https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd...yenne_pcna.pdf

not sure if the app covers the 2004 - but worth a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odtoknow&hl=en
Old 12-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Michael Duquette
Cruisin'

Thanks! As soon as this little ice storm passes I'll be out there troubleshooting the electrical issues. The Dumb a$$ PO over filled the oil by about 3 quarts, got the oil changed right away before driving any distance but my trip home was a smoke filled adventure for the first 20 miles following the oil change. Im thinking I'm going to have to pull the intake and make sure its cleaned out, clean the throttle body and replace the air/oil separator diaphragm. On top of that it looks like the passenger side aux air pump was dropped and cracked and someone tried to epoxy it, has a real nasty sounding vacuum leak at idle. Thinking I should have stuck with my Boxster but it couldnt tow my sail boat....
Old 12-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

A Chevy pick up was your best bet
Old 12-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Michael Duquette
Cruisin'

No thanks
Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirill
Page 349 of that owner's manual shows the displacement for my S as 4806 cm3, so it obviously is not the exact right one for my 2004 S. Am I right? I have seen that link in many places, many of them specifically for the 2004.

Anyone have a PDF copy or a confirmed link for the 2004 owner's manual? Easy things to check to see if it really is for the 2004 are: 1) engine displacement is about 4.5 liters, 2) remote key has the 2-button design feature (vs. 3).

And checking porsche.com, they list any Cayenne you like, as long as it is 2011 or newer. If I had a Cayenne that new, I'd just have my butler download the PDF and give it to my driver. But ...
Old 01-25-2018, 09:15 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the pdf, but its to big to post here, please pm me your email address

Quick Reply: New to me '04 S