Sponsored by:

Cayenne Recall 2003-06

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:38 PM
benstaples
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dan87951
I received my first recall letter almost 8 months ago and there still isn't "parts available". I think Porsche's strategy in this is hoping owners will forget and move on. Brilliant if you ask me!
Not really a problem unless you smell gas. Then get to a dealer so they can replace it with a new old part for temporary fix.
But yeah engineering and making a new "unbreakable" part is surely taking forever.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:30 PM
benstaples
Intermediate

I just received a recall followup letter that said to contact the local dealer for free fix.
I am assuming they have the parts??
Since I just had it replaced with old part, I will wait until I get oil change to get it done if dealer does have parts.
Anyone get a similar letter???
Old 07-13-2018, 05:37 PM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by benstaples
I just received a recall followup letter that said to contact the local dealer for free fix.
Since I just had it replaced with old part, I will wait until I get oil change to get it done if dealer does have parts.
Three of them. I've had a few 955's
Old 07-13-2018, 05:39 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by benstaples
I did too. And the claim form also allows for reimbursement for repairs you paid for earlier.
If you did not get the letter, or don't want to wait, this website has the claim form and generic letters sent to current and previous owners:
http://www.filterflangerecall.com/
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my letter a few days ago. Was at the dealer yesterday picking up a door shim kit (cheaper at dealer than eBay). I asked the service manager if I still need the recall since they just did a "courtesy repair" two months ago for the fuel leak. He said that as far as he knows, the courtesy repair was done with the old parts and the car will still need the recall but that he won't know for sure until they receive the new parts and technical package which have not arrived yet. He asked if I'd like to schedule and I said that since the new parts include a new fuel filter as part of the assembly I might as well wait for a while or until the leak returns. He agreed that was a good plan, he said that he didn't think the recall would ever expire since it's a safety issue, but said he can confirm for me once everything is in-hand.

cheers,
c
Old 07-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I just received another letter too. I called the dealer and was told they have no parts and have no idea when they are going to get them. The dealer did tell me if my car isn't leaking that they will install some type of fabric thing over the fuel pump housing instead of replacing it with the new part. Is that true?
Old 07-13-2018, 06:24 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
I just received another letter too. I called the dealer and was told they have no parts and have no idea when they are going to get them. The dealer did tell me if my car isn't leaking that they will install some type of fabric thing over the fuel pump housing instead of replacing it with the new part. Is that true?
So basically they are looking to turn your car into a 5,500lbs, 100+mph molotov cocktail?! hahaha

Old 07-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nodoors
So basically they are looking to turn your car into a 5,500lbs, 100+mph molotov cocktail?! hahaha
Basically yeah!

I was surprised by his response!
Old 07-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Cayenne grocery
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer response

Got the apparently "final" AH10 letter also. A few minutes ago I spoke with Ralph in service department of EuroClassics Porsche in Midlothian Virginia.
Said he said he was familiar with the AH10 recall and " it had nothing to do with fuel smell or drivability, it was just a protective film to be put over the fuel filter to prevent rubbing". So I asked him where the fuel filter was located in that car and he said he did not know. Hmmm... So I told him that my research indicated a list of part numbers (which I got from this thread) for the affected parts, and could he email me confirmation of the part numbers of the parts to be replaced under this recall. He said he could not because he had not gotten anything in writing about the recall. So I asked him how he knew about the "protective film on the fuel filter" and he said he was "told". He also said he did not have any parts to do anything and that Cayenne owners would be notified when they had the parts. So it appears that my local dealer really is not up to speed on this recall at all. My recall notice came with a Porsche AH10 Recall Filter Flange Claim Form also. That form stated that owners must have the AH10
​repair completed before submitting for reimbursement of previous repairs. This dealership did replace the left side fuel pump and apparently the same Parts as listed in This Thread above in 2014 for correction of a fuel smell inside our car. So I'm assuming that replacement part is also faulty. My wife reported smelling gas again inside the car now so we are following this thread with interest.

​​​
Old 07-26-2018, 04:57 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

UPDATE: The new parts are here.

My '06 is in for it's yearly checkup and dealer just got the long-awaited part. Mine is the first that they've done and it's apparently trickier than they thought because they need an extra day to complete.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:15 PM
mspa
Intermediate

I just bought my first Porsche ... a 2004 Cayenne Turbo, and the seller was kind enough to take the car to the dealer — who had serviced it for the last 5 years — for the recall prior to me buying. Took a day, and my paperwork shows two parts:

00004330404 Adhesive Film
00004330601 Repair Kit
Performed AH10 Scope 1
Old 08-06-2018, 06:29 AM
brquebral
Intermediate

Had my 2006 turbo s done two weeks ago. It took more than 4 hrs to complete. Apparently, the techs are still trying to get the recall work efficiency better. Ended up having a Macan base courtesy car for the weekend.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:35 AM
BUKARUU
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 19psi
I have a feeling this may turn into one of those "while we were in there, this broke, that broke and this also needs to be replaced because it's corroded." Here's your bill for $1,500.00.
I just had this done 2 weeks ago on my ‘06 CTTS and now my check engine light is on. Code is P0441. I feel that they did something while performing the AH10 which triggered this. However, they are adamant that it’s not related. Not happy about going in for recall work just to have to come back and pay dearly.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:16 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

I recently took my 03 Turbo to the dealer to see if they could tell from the VIN if the previous owner had had the coolant hoses replaced.
The service guy showed me that I had half a dozen open recalls, the fuel pump flange being one of them.
Set up an appointment for next week when all the parts are hopefully in and I'm also getting a Macan to play with while they have the vehicle.
Kind of exited to have the Macan... hope they take their time.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:34 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

BUKARUU, that stinks. I bet they left something unplugged.
I had this SES code on my 01 740i BMW and it was a broken wire to an air pump that periodically runs to test the evap system for leaks and I guess purge the fumes too obviously.
Anyway, I was happy when I found the damaged wire under the wheel well in the back. Fixed it myself.

Last edited by thesteve; 10-01-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quick Reply: Cayenne Recall 2003-06