Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS keeps crashing at air conditioning check

Old 07-26-2017, 04:42 AM
angusc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PIWIS keeps crashing at air conditioning check

Hello, I have 2006 Cayenne Turbo S and I plugged in my PIWIS lead and ran a diagnostic check but each time it gets to the AC module checks PIWIS closes back to the main screen. I have tried many times and always the same results. It seems to pass the air bag module and then crash.

I then start the diagnostic check directly at the AC module and it manages to compete the test with an error code "2600 temperature flap servo motor, right rear". The expanded fault reads, "no/incorrect coding/calibration. Fault present.

The AC coolant pressure reads 101.5 PSI.

Does anyone know what the issue with my PIWIS diagnostic might be to cause the system to crash out after the air bag checks and also what to check next for the rear right servo flap and where is that one located? Is it under the passenger seat (LHD vehicle) or in the trunk area?

Thanx for any assistance.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Is your Cayenne a 2 zone or 4 zone system? If it's 2 zone - all the flaps are in the HVAC box under the dashboard. If it's a 4 zone - then that flap is on the rear HVAC box - located in the left side of the trunk area.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:09 AM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

Can you tell us more about your PIWIS? Software build version, hardware, cable?
I have a PIWIS 1 based on a Bosch KTS 650 with some hardware upgrades and the final version of 1 which is v34.

Did you clear the faults and try again?

Without coding there is nothing for the PIWIS to talk about with your module.

From what I understand communication with ALL the modules correctly is one of the problems of an improper cable and/or software running on a virtual machine.

if you can find the control unit and communcate with it in any fashion, the first thing I would try is to erase all the current faults in that module and re-scan. You may have to re-code the module. Even on a genuine PIWIS it takes some skill and there are no instruction manuals available. Have you tried the Guided Fault Finding?
Old 07-31-2017, 01:02 AM
angusc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi there and sorry for the delay in replying to you. My Cayenne has the 4 zone system, so I have to look on the right hand side rear compartment. What fault am I looking for is it something that I can observe when I have the trim panel off? Or is it buried deep inside the rear AC unit and needs dismantling?

Regarding my PIWIS setup, I have the Bosch KTS 521 and running the latest software on a Dell Windows XP machine. The PIWIS version is v34.000.2011.09.26 (34.00.2618)

I never had this problem before and the diagnostics used to run through ok.

Last edited by angusc; 08-07-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 135 Posts

This is an area that is unexplored by 99% of the guys on here. Mostly because nobody has a PIWIS. You have got to proof read your posts so that we can understand a bit better as I think you may have some unintended grammatical errors. I wish that I could help you more. I am still learning the nuances of my PIWIS. Like I said, the first thing you have to do is record the faults and then erase them and see if they come back. My second thing would be to try and re-code the ac module. I sent you a PM, we need to get you some documentation to assist you in working on the beast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PIWIS keeps crashing at air conditioning check