Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code P1411

Old 06-15-2017, 10:38 AM
Skyhawk172
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts
Default code P1411

Ok was thinking of selling my 2000 Boxster have someone coming to look at her tonight so decided to drive her to work. She throws a check engine light and she never has a check engine light. read the code with a obd2 reader got a code of P1411 secondary injectors any one with thought on this could it be loose gas cap?
Old 06-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyhawk172
Ok was thinking of selling my 2000 Boxster have someone coming to look at her tonight so decided to drive her to work. She throws a check engine light and she never has a check engine light. read the code with a obd2 reader got a code of P1411 secondary injectors any one with thought on this could it be loose gas cap?
P1411 Secondary Air Injection System, Bank 2 – Below Limit
Possible cause:
- Secondary air injection pump is not triggered
- Secondary air injection pump does not function
- Air supply lines restricted
- Electric change-over valve does not function
- Air change-over valve does not function
- Vacuum system leaking

Since you are not seeing (you did check for pending codes, too I hope?) a P1410 (which is the error code for the other bank) it would appear the error is confined to just bank 2.

'course, I have to ask does the secondary air injection pump run when you cold start the engine?

As you can see from the possible causes above there are a number of well, possible causes. One can replace a number of valves and the problem might still be present.

I have no diagnostic steps for the error in my OBD2 references so I can't offer you any suggestions on how to narrow the source of the problem down.

One can always throw parts at the erorr code. If you want to throw parts at the error code below is a link to the secondary air injection system for your MY car. Find the valves and replace. I vaguely recall at least one of the valves is a real SOB to get at/replace. One has to remove the alternator I think. 'course, even after all that work the problem may be with a leaking hose, or fitting.

Have to mention too if you decide to tackle this you have to be very *careful* as the other hoses, fitting, wiring, and such are probably rather brittle and fragile from age. If you go in there like a gorilla you can break another plastic part, fitting, hose connection, electrical connection, etc., and cause another problem.

Anyhow the drawing:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=108-06
Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM
Skyhawk172
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Have to mention too if you decide to tackle this you have to be very *careful* as the other hoses, fitting, wiring, and such are probably rather brittle and fragile from age. If you go in there like a gorilla you can break another plastic part, fitting, hose connection, electrical connection, etc., and cause another problem.

nope hoping it is a gas cap if not I will have it fixed by a mechanic
Old 06-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

There are some epic Threads on SAI issues. It can get complicated so I'll leave you to read up.
One of the frustrations is that even when you have done the work perfectly you need to do the "Drive Cycle" to get the Readiness Monitors set to "pass". Sometimes this is easy, sometimes.....
A Durametric is a great help.
To get started with simple stuff - can you hear the SAI pump running for 90 secs at startup when cold ?
Search for 986 Forum Member Particlewave he has a 'problem solver circuit ' for the SAI that may help you.
http://986forum.com/forums/general-d...e-circuit.html
SAI problems like this are not a gas station mechanic item ! And even for a reluctant SAi 'veteran' like me, it can take hours of work to remove all the parts for access ,repair/replace/test/remove again.That little circuit is a useful diagnostic tool and quick fix!
I hope this helps you get your car ready for Smog & the sale goes well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: code P1411