Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No 986es have DRLs!

Did you do the fog light DRL hack?
Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 PM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Canadian Boxsters have DRL's since it is the law for all passenger vehicles to have them since 1989 along with high mount brake lights since 1986. For those brought in from the US they have to have them activated to pass federal transportation laws otherwise you can't register the vehicle.

Mine came from Houston in 2008 and the headlights are used as DRL's.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:22 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Well said paulofto, mine has been a Canadian car all its life and also uses its headlights as DRLs.
Sorry OP, but I don't have anything helpful to offer on your dilemma .
Old 05-21-2017, 08:49 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Notice how helpful to someone answering the location in the profile can be. Just as the model and year of a car can be crucial to an attempted diagnosis.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:17 AM
paulofto
Racer

Originally Posted by mikefocke
Notice how helpful to someone answering the location in the profile can be. Just as the model and year of a car can be crucial to an attempted diagnosis.
+1 Mike. There are some problems that seem to be universal but many issues are location and/or year of the car specific so getting details is always helpful when diagnosing a problem.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:21 AM
paulofto
Racer

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
Well said paulofto, mine has been a Canadian car all its life and also uses its headlights as DRLs.
Sorry OP, but I don't have anything helpful to offer on your dilemma .
2RedPorsche, nice cars! I lived in Mississauga for 28 years moving back to my home town of Winnipeg in 2013. Lived near Square One for awhile, then Erin Mills and lastly North Meadowvale. I miss the ability to hop in the car and within 1/2 an hour driving some very interesting back roads.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:58 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by paulofto
2RedPorsche, nice cars! I lived in Mississauga for 28 years moving back to my home town of Winnipeg in 2013. Lived near Square One for awhile, then Erin Mills and lastly North Meadowvale. I miss the ability to hop in the car and within 1/2 an hour driving some very interesting back roads.
Thanks paulofto, they're a great hobby and a lot of fun! As you can see we have an affinity for red! Lol
True enough about Mississauga but sometimes I miss the good old times when it was just a bit smaller, too big and sprawling now. I live in the S/W near Oakville, Clarkson area.
I've only been to Winnipeg once and I really enjoyed what I saw, really should pay it another visit!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:09 AM
paulofto
Racer

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
Thanks paulofto, they're a great hobby and a lot of fun! As you can see we have an affinity for red! Lol
True enough about Mississauga but sometimes I miss the good old times when it was just a bit smaller, too big and sprawling now. I live in the S/W near Oakville, Clarkson area.
I've only been to Winnipeg once and I really enjoyed what I saw, really should pay it another visit!
Well if you decide to see Canada during our 150 Birthday the drive from the GTA to Winnipeg over the top of the Great Lakes has some very nice roads with spectacular views especially between The Soo and T Bay. And yes, Mississauga really grew in the years we lived there. It went from about 250K to over 750K in the 28 years we were there.

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights on a 1999 porsche boxster not working