Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 09:22 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Seeking guidance from a local (San Diego) person to help with a project

Car: 1997 Porsche Boxster
Help needed for: removing the Fuel Rail from the Intake Manifold
Location: Liberty Station (in Pont Loma, 10 min from DownTown)

Context of the situation:
I am in the process of removing the Intake Manifold for the purpose of installing few items such as Change-Over Valve , Cut-Off Valve and Check Valve for Crankcase Ventilation.
I have removed everything required for this job except disconnecting the Fuel Rail from the Intake Manifold. The Manifold is loos but still joined with the Fuel rail. I have read and see the pictures in various DIY articles in both Rennlist and other forums, however I am stuck at this point and not too sure/confident about the next steps. I would really appreciate if someone can show these last steps in real time, If you live local and have some time to guide me I will be very appreciative, as a token of my gratitude: Dinner and drinks on me. I live in Liberty station where there are really nice restaurants to dine and wine. I can also return the favor by helping you with projects etc or Or provide a reasonable monitory gift if that is desired. .
Please send me a PM or Email if you like to help.
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I could help you, just not my area of expertise

Are you a PCA member? The San Diego Region of PCA is very active. There is also a PCASDR forum where you might find some assistance, but you have to be a PCA member to post

www.pcasdr.org

you also may have better luck on 986forum.com , it is a lot more active than this forum for Boxsters
Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM
chamilka
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

JayG - Thank you kinldy for the post. yes PCA menber since a long time. I forgot about 986forum, Ill try that. thanks again for the pointers.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:04 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chamilka
JayG - Thank you kinldy for the post. yes PCA menber since a long time. I forgot about 986forum, Ill try that. thanks again for the pointers.
no problem

The is an AX at the Q July 17. Stop by and say hi if you are not driving.
There are a few top notch mechanics that should be there and they would probably be happy to help

Quick Reply: Seeking guidance from a local (San Diego) person to help with a project