Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does A full 00-02 boxster cost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Hasan Sahin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does A full 00-02 boxster cost?

Hey i Am Just curious, how much did you pay in total for your daily drived boxster? I am asking this bec i Am thinking of getting one for college. It's market price being like 8-9k seems tempting but how much work Will be done on it is really the real question here...
Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Don't unless you have lots of money to pay for the repairs necessary to a 14-16 year old car.Great cars, owned 2 Boxsters with very minimal problems. But less age and wear on them than your price suggests.

Invest in your education. Get a good job or start a successful business ... then get a Porsche.

Lucky enough to have owned one before marriage, 2 after kids were out of school.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:15 PM
marco correia
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with previous poster, I recently purchased an 01 Boxster S with 58k miles and I have $5k into it alone with maintenance work( IMS,RMS, clutch, WP, t'stat, flywheel, plugs, fuel filter, air filters ) Great car to drive and I always wanted one. I'm in my middle 30's and me and the wife have good jobs but 5 grand was hard to swallow, mind you i do 90 % of the work myself, except IMS and clutch. if you cant do basic maintenance yourself its expensive and especially daily driving a 15 year old sports car. Mine will be a weekend toy. Good luck
Old 05-05-2016, 12:33 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want a nice "sports car" that won't cost lots of $$, get a Miata

My oldest graduates college next week and we got him a Jetta a few years ago for school

My youngest who does AX with me and starting on some track driving starts college in August. He wants a Boxster to have at school so he can continue some performance driving, but we are leaning towards a Miata as they are a lot less $$ to buy and maintain

You will have enough stuff to deal with and that require your time at college. Get a car that won't cost you lots of $$ and time to maintain. Graduate, get a job and then buy yourself a Porsche

Quick Reply: How much does A full 00-02 boxster cost?