Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I will admit it has to be hard to drive a boxster....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry I will admit it has to be hard to drive a boxster....

When you have *** clowns like this....

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Danner
I hope to god your not comparing the sound of a mustang to the sound of a porsche.

well........the boxer isnt really a porsche in my books
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_Dreamz
Becuase its not, its a type of motor. Porsche makes a BOXSTER, a really slow $40,000 convertible that is slower than my less than spectacular Z24 on the highway. A boxer is a superimposed 4 cyl or an H-4 produced mainly by Subaru. The Boxster does use a boxer 6 engine but makes a shade more horspower than Honda Odyssey MINIVAN! In other words it places second on the Top Ten List of Worst Performance For Your Dollar...bested only by the Acura NSX.

Both sound like mustangs to me. Blue is a 281 and red a 302 if my ears serve me well... but i could have it backwards.

This was taken from a forum
Cincystreetscene.com
Old 10-03-2003, 11:46 AM
ettsn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people will never get it. Lucky for us, I guess!

-Paul
Old 10-03-2003, 01:38 PM
95 GPW 993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like they're only concerned with horsepower, which is great if you aspire to nothing more than being the pole sitter at the Stop Light GP. Other things like handling, build quality, etc. don't seem to matter.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

...not to mention the amount of flaming/lack of respect we get on this very website. Yep, welcome to our world. But we know better...anyone who's driven a Boxster for any length of time knows better.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:18 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

I agree Doug. I don't mind the disrespect from others who aren't familiar or haven't driven the Boxster. They just don't know,there lost...but to see it on this forum(Porsche owners) is puzzling.I think people who make the negative comments haven't driven a Boxster/S.If you driven a Boxster and don't like the sound,looks and feel of it,something is wrong with ya! I think it has something to do with the sheer number of Boxsters on the road,which is still very little when you compare,say to a Nissan,Honda etc.When I got my first Boxster (99') in late 98' everyone was going crazy over it...Not to say it still doesn't get a lot of positive comments.But as the numbers increase to the masses,so did some negative comments.In this society being exclusive is a big matter.I think some people think since its the "cheapest" Porsche 45-60k(thats not all that cheap in my book!) and fairly obtainable to some, its not a good Porsche and so on.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

My 944 is exclusive, I take the same crap. I think they understand boxsters are increadbly fast at autoX or that when a boxster is doing 100mph that it can actually stop
Old 10-04-2003, 05:46 AM
BoxsterS
3rd Gear

People who make ludicrous diatribe posts like that usually are envious or jealous (and can't afford to buy a Porsche Boxster of their own).

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2003, 10:37 AM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Honda Odyssey
Base Curb Weight (lb) - 4,365

Boxster
Curb Weight (lbs.) - 2,910

That means something!

My pickup has 300 something horsepower but obviously it doesnt
compare to the Boxster, even in acceleration. Typical domestic owner,
completely forgetting about the 'mass' part of the formula.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Perhaps I should send this joker pictures of my old Boxster S leaving a supercharged mustang in the dust at a DE event...

Isn't this where the term a$$clown comes from?
Old 10-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

dude.. you got the video? link please? OMG that would be great I want to see it.. and then I can send it to them and say "Porsche there is no subsitute" .....

BTW Odyssey is a minvan and the fact that it makes almost as much hp from a non-proformance engine is kinda sad...
Old 10-05-2003, 01:26 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Fishey

BTW Odyssey is a minvan and the fact that it makes almost as much hp from a non-proformance engine is kinda sad...
The diesel in my boss's Ford F350 puts out about 500 lb/ft of torque... and thats not a performance engine either.

The boxster's main downfall is power, but that can be fixed.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:35 AM
EricT
Intermediate

People either "get" the Boxster or they don't. Anyone can say that the Boxster is underpowered, and you know what...they're right. I have no idea why a $43k (base) sportscar only puts out 220hp. BUT, as an overall package, it works. It's a great car that's a pleasure to drive. But it's never going to win a drag race.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Helen
Racer

if i had wanted a car with straight line power then maybe i wouldn't have got myself a boxster.

i like driving fast round corners and i like to be able to stop if need be.i also like to be able to use my car for driving holidays so the car needs to be comftable and hold lots of luggage.

show me another two seater that can do all of that !!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:29 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

The Boxster has great balance with great overall performance,a feel that you won't find in any other sub 100k car.It also happens to be the only German mid-engine car beside the Carrera GT.These are the things that draw me to the Boxster.If you want more power it can be achieved,just like any other vehicle.I guess the Boxster is so good that nay sayers have to knock something.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:07 PM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by autobahnNY
,a feel that you won't find in any other sub 100k car
Wow that is a pretty ballsy statement. Everyone has their own beliefs!

Quick Reply: I will admit it has to be hard to drive a boxster....