Sponsored by:

Boxster Dash Speakers Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:28 PM
chromecarz00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster Dash Speakers Upgrade?

Saw one post about someone fitting these RF R14X2 speakers in their Boxster, so I'm sure it'll fit and work. But on the other hand, I saw someone saying that they need to be tuned out to sound and play right, and I'm not really sure how to do that with the stock amp. And lastly, is there any consensus on how to actually break in these kind of speakers - or is it just "listen to it for 2 weeks and its fine)?

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

I replaced the front speakers in my wife's 2000 Boxster with a set of 4 inch MB Quart speakers a few years ago. The Boxster came with the Hifi package, but crappy speakers. The replacements made a big difference in sound quality. It did take some work to modify the exiting grilles, etc...but well worth the effort
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I have oem bose speaker, subwoofer if your interrested
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I upgraded my dash speakers to Infinity and they sound a lot better. the biggest improvement was when I added the rear speakers. HUGE difference

Here is a link to a DIY for the front speakers. You will need to either destroy the factory speakers or make a mounting template

http://986forum.com/forums/diy-proje...placement.html
Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
chromecarz00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your advice! I ordered the RFs and excited to see how they turn out. I'm hesitant on rear speakers because of custom fabbing a box for them - any boxes premade i could get?

I'm probably going to go for an aftermarket underseat subwoofer, thanks. Speakign of which, do i have to tap the signal from the door speakers because of the high/low pass filter from the factory amp?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:52 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chromecarz00
Thank you all for your advice! I ordered the RFs and excited to see how they turn out. I'm hesitant on rear speakers because of custom fabbing a box for them - any boxes premade i could get?

I'm probably going to go for an aftermarket underseat subwoofer, thanks. Speakign of which, do i have to tap the signal from the door speakers because of the high/low pass filter from the factory amp?
The rear storage "box" can be fitted with speakers. There are some kits available for around $300 that include everything you need, speakers, mounting plates, all wiring, etc (except for the storage box)

If you find a sub that will fit under the seat, let me know. I have been looking for one for a while
Old 02-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JayG
The rear storage "box" can be fitted with speakers. There are some kits available for around $300 that include everything you need, speakers, mounting plates, all wiring, etc (except for the storage box) If you find a sub that will fit under the seat, let me know. I have been looking for one for a while
This one should work:
Amazon.com : Kenwood Car Under Seat Super Slim Powered Subwoofer Aluminum Enclosed : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Kenwood Car Under Seat Super Slim Powered Subwoofer Aluminum Enclosed : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics
Old 02-15-2015, 02:10 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, but its abort 2" too high. There is only around 2.5 inches below the seat frame
Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 253 Posts

chromecarz00,

How did the install go? How do the RF's sound?

Quick Reply: Boxster Dash Speakers Upgrade?