Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW OWNER- Stero Head Upgrade Question. Is this a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM
ClaimItBlog.org
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW OWNER- Stero Head Upgrade Question. Is this a good choice?

I'm a new owner of a 2002 Boxster Covertible (base) (color black) and want to spice up the interior. I want to start with the stereo head I've heard crutchfield is a good site to find a stereo head upgrade. The car has Bose Speakers. Is the link below a good choice? I would have a respected shop install it for me

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_530VR73...B.html?tp=5684

or

Pioneer

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DX46...H-X4600BT.html

I'm thinking about the pioneer. I just want an Auxillar for my Ipod and/or Zune. Good picks? Any other ideas? ANy other Interior upgrade ideas?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:59 AM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't stand to look at things like that Pioneer head unit. A lot of other people that are interested in buying Boxsters feel the same way I believe, so something like that could hurt resale. The big touchscreen might not hurt it, but if your car is specced like my 2002 you will lose your cupholders. I'm not sure how else you could get an aux input though, so if neither of those factors bother you go for it.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM
ClaimItBlog.org
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ep3_lol
I can't stand to look at things like that Pioneer head unit. A lot of other people that are interested in buying Boxsters feel the same way I believe, so something like that could hurt resale. The big touchscreen might not hurt it, but if your car is specced like my 2002 you will lose your cupholders. I'm not sure how else you could get an aux input though, so if neither of those factors bother you go for it.
Thanks alot for the help. I think i'll go for the nav screen. Just not too many options available it seems

Quick Reply: NEW OWNER- Stero Head Upgrade Question. Is this a good choice?