Sponsored by:

Stupid question time

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question time

Is there any way to carry a passenger and two sets of golf clubs in a boxster without bending them in half or dragging them behind the car?

Had a 996 that could accommodate but I wrote it off and am looking for a replacement. Really like the S but the golf thing is a deal breaker.

Thanks for your help and all the trash talk I'm about to get. But after all, if anyone would know, you guys would!!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 PM
16vsilverstreak
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Roof rack attachment and a cargo box is the only real solution I see or maybe a lugage rack on the rear like a 356.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
ppbskis
Racer

Google your question and see the youtube video that shows you how.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can fit a passenger in the front trunk of the Boxster and have the clubs in the passenger seat. Alternatively, spending less time at the golf course and more time at the track can do a person good
Old 08-09-2013, 05:11 PM
recycled sixties
Advanced

There are no stupid questions - only thing stupid is if a question is not asked.
Being a golfer I meet the person I golf with at the golf course. I put golf clubs in the passenger seat. Another way to do it is to get a compact travel golf case(which I have) and possibly two of these could fit in the rear trunk. One limited set of golf clubs fits in the trunk. Then you have to leave the golf carts behind and carry your clubs. Overall one reason for me to get a Cayman next time round.....Cayman owners may still have this problem I don't know.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ep3_lol
You can fit a passenger in the front trunk of the Boxster and have the clubs in the passenger seat. Alternatively, spending less time at the golf course and more time at the track can do a person good
Spending too much time at the track (Mosport) is what got me into this predicament!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ppbskis
Google your question and see the youtube video that shows you how.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I can start looking for a Boxster S as well as a 996.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

There are attachments for a "trailer hitch" and to that a rack for luggage or clubs. I could never fit the longer clubs inside the bag into the trunk but could fit one cart-bag in when I took the driver and 3 wood out and put them in separately. Never tried 2 bags.

Google Willwood
Old 08-14-2013, 03:02 AM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done it several times. I put both bags with irons only in the rear trunk, and make the passenger ride with the woods in the passenger seat area. Not the best, but it's better than not driving it. And I provided them with a pretty nice GT3 seat, so they can deal with it.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:43 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The intended way to get them in a (986) is to remove the "woods" and place them in the rear trunk using the cubbies under the fenders. Then two (small) bags can go in the trunk. Large bags and rolling bags are not really possible.

There are metal luggage racks for the rear decklid that you can get. I saw one at the track. They would allow lots of stuff.

Finally, you could get a Willwood dual receiver and order the optional stuff carrier (basically a shelf). I have the dual receiver and use it for a hitch, but there's a bike rack, shelf and ??? available once installed. I strongly recommend the one that requires you to remove the bumper cover and bolt it directly to the aluminum bumper - not the one that bolts to the bumper extenders (they can break).

Grant

Quick Reply: Stupid question time