Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise help!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 PM
T0mkat
New User

Default Noise help!

I've searched many forums and haven't found an answer. The noise is coming from the right rear side. It's not the tire because I've checked. I recorded a clip. It's a high pitch sound. It only shows up once I roll 20 mpg and over. It does t get louder but it's petty loud the whole time. Here is the link to hear it.
http://chirb.it/31k09h
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Macster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by T0mkat View Post
I've searched many forums and haven't found an answer. The noise is coming from the right rear side. It's not the tire because I've checked. I recorded a clip. It's a high pitch sound. It only shows up once I roll 20 mpg and over. It does t get louder but it's petty loud the whole time. Here is the link to hear it.
http://chirb.it/31k09h
The clip isn't very useful.

Does the noise appear to follow engine speed or vehicle/tire speed?

If the latter I'm thinking a noisy (dragging) brake or perhaps something caught between the rotor and splash shield.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM
FrostyNothing
User

^^ x2
Old 02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Byprodriver
Addict
Rennlist Member

The parking brake shoe retaining springs can come loose & make a awful screeching sound intermittantly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noise help!

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: