Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To S or not to S? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned about 10 of these cars and raced a couple. I currently own a very nice '03 base with an ROW MO30 suspension and some other goodies. I would say that the base, as a DD, is just as nice as the "S" and as far as the engine issues go I've always believed the more they're driven the better off they are and that the smaller dispalacment ones last longer.

My $.02
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Pcarrera
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys, after much deliberation and sleepless nights, I made my purchase. I got a 2005 S, seal grey with black interior, with very low mileage, actually kilometers as I am in Canada. I will let you know how it pans out, but won't be driving it much until next Spring. Thanks for all your input. It was vey helpful in my decision.

Lino
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Dave H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not Seal Gray!

j/k
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, you will be glad you went with the S. Have any pictures of this beauty ?
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well you didn't present that as an option! Congrats!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM
gfl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, easy. If you really won;t track the car, base. I can't use all the power in my 986 base on the street without seriously jeopardizing my license, my honestly, and safety.

On the track its a whole different story. But a "momentum" car can be great fun and make you a better driver int he long term.. bragging rights aside.

I guess it all depend how much you value that acceleration rush. If you value it highly, i have news for you - you're buying the wrong car entirely. Get a Mustang GT.

If feel, balance, and driver involvement are the priorities - its doesn;t matter.

That said, i would almost n pt consider a non-S for my dedicated track car (in progress). More power, bigger brakes, bigger clutch, more cooling. QED. But that's different. really.

Grant

Quick Reply: To S or not to S? That is the question.