Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had Sport software installed today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Flyntgr
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had Sport software installed today!

My 2010 PDK Boxster did not come with the chrono or sport package, which seemed like a real travisty, so I charged the windmill and captured the software to rectify a terrible situation. How did it work?

Just like I had hoped it would! Shifts are great, launch is awesome, and the times and speeds are improved, though I only tried once with the psm turned off and the sport plus turned on. The results:
1. 0-60 improved from 4.67 to 4.55 seconds;
2. 1/4 mile e.t. improved from 13.26 to 12.95 seconds;
3. Trap speed increased from 108.67 to 112.3 mph.

I am certain these times/speed can be improved with just a little practice. Michelin PSSs would undoubtedly help, too. Runflats are stiff and heavy.

I launched around 4200 rpms and got pretty good traction out of the contisports (which I believe are-ugh-runflats). The PSM actually hurt the launch, but I'm quite sure it will save my bacon when running the road courses! I can't wait to HPDE this car on the same tracks where I race my Spec Miata. Now I wish I had a double trailer!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Directioneng
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are happy then that is all the matters IMO.
My calcs say that skipping breakfast could give you more improvement.

Just kidding mate.

I tweaked my 34 GTR with a cat back exhaust, Apexi FC with boost controller and Apexi pods.
We put it on the dyno at 238 kW and took it off at 293kW at the wheels in 4wd. We saw 310 kW but back it off as the high ambient temps in South Oz can cause problems.
Most of the improvement was boosting from 0.9 to 1.15 Bar and pulling out fuel as the standard tune is rich.
Martin Donnon tuned it for me at Willall Racing.
I don't know why I can't push up my wife's 2000 Boxter S performance without spending megadollars.
I am looking around.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't do much without boost.

Quick Reply: Had Sport software installed today!