Sponsored by:

Power seat won't move after dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Banana S
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 41 Posts
Question Power seat won't move after dead battery

Left my V1 on for a week, and the battery drained. I charged the battery using the Porsche Battery Maintainer, and the car starts and runs fine... Radio works, power windows work, top works, etc. But now the power driver's seat will not move. The fuse is good, and the passenger seat still works. Any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Banana S
Left my V1 on for a week, and the battery drained. I charged the battery using the Porsche Battery Maintainer, and the car starts and runs fine... Radio works, power windows work, top works, etc. But now the power driver's seat will not move. The fuse is good, and the passenger seat still works. Any suggestions?
Nothing concrete just some WAGs...

Do all other power accessories work ok?

Are you sure there are not two separate fuses, one for each seat?

If you remove the fuse for the passenger seat does the passenger seat *not* work?

Any signs of dampness in the floor carpets or along the bottom of the doors?

Unless something above proves to be of any help, about all I can offer is the equivalent of a reboot: Be sure you have the radio code if your car's radio requires one; With the key out of the ignition and all electrical accessories off, carefully disconnect the battery; push on the brake pedal and hold it down for a while (to completely deplete any residual power in the car's electrical system; carefully reconnect the battery.

Cross fingers. Try seat.

After the battery is reconnected you should reset the window limits. How to this is in the owners manual. IIRC the steps to do this are using the lower window button lower the window completely. Release the button. Then press and hold the raise button until the window is all the way up. Continue to hold the raise button down for 5 seconds longer. Release. This window's limit is set. Repeat for the other window.

The e-Gas system needs to be re-calibrated. IIRC the steps to do this are with the key off and your foot off the gas pedal turn the key to the on position and leave in this position for 60 seconds. Do not touch the gas pedal. Turn off the ignition and leave it off for at least 10 seconds. The e-Gas system is now re-calibrated.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Banana S
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Yep, both fuses are fine, and the passenger seat works. Just not the driver's seat. All other power accessories work. No dampness under the seat, and the only time the car ever sees water is when I wash it. I'll try the "reboot."
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Banana S
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Problem solved

Dealer pulled the fuses for the ECU memory, and the seat now works fine. Weird that the seat memory issue kept the seat controls from working at all...
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM
van-man
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, can you tell me the name of that fuse in porsche language? I'm a proud new owner of a 996 that I can't even fit in lol!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 PM
mikesz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what fuse did they pull for the ECU? is it under the seat? neither of my seats work and fuses in fuse block are ok.

Quick Reply: Power seat won't move after dead battery