Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 S tiptronic stalled and won't start.. p0410 p0411

Old 01-01-2011, 10:55 PM
culture9
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 S tiptronic stalled and won't start.. p0410 p0411

hi, i've had nothing but problems with my car.. about 1 yr ago, my engine oil and coolant intermixed so had to replace engine.. just last month, replaced the AOS.. after a couple weeks the check engine came on.. i didn't think much of it since it comes on now and then (more due to MAF previously which i changed).. last week, i was driving and it stalled.. i used my iphone 3gs and kiwi code reader and it gave out codes p0410 and p1141. secondary yadda yadda.. i called the place that did the AOS job and he said it could be a myriad of things, but doesn't think it's related to the job. nice enough to take a look at it.. but only way i can get car there is to tow it 30 miles.. i can't start.. the engine sounds like it's going to turn, i hear the fan coming on, but it won't catch ignition.. i disconnected negative terminal to reset CEL to see if it'll help.. no dice.

so now i have to take this thing to the place but wondering if anyone can help here given the circumstances.. how can i start my car? so situation again, just got AOS job done (the car was fuming like it was a bomb prior to the job so maybe something got contaminated.. the air filter was soaked with oil i guess.. but AOS guy said o2 sensor and everything else looked okay while changing AOS). 2 weeks later, CEL came on and with my dinky code reader got p0410 and p1141.. is there any way i can get my car started to take it to this guy?

thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by culture9
hi, i've had nothing but problems with my car.. about 1 yr ago, my engine oil and coolant intermixed so had to replace engine.. just last month, replaced the AOS.. after a couple weeks the check engine came on.. i didn't think much of it since it comes on now and then (more due to MAF previously which i changed).. last week, i was driving and it stalled.. i used my iphone 3gs and kiwi code reader and it gave out codes p0410 and p1141. secondary yadda yadda.. i called the place that did the AOS job and he said it could be a myriad of things, but doesn't think it's related to the job. nice enough to take a look at it.. but only way i can get car there is to tow it 30 miles.. i can't start.. the engine sounds like it's going to turn, i hear the fan coming on, but it won't catch ignition.. i disconnected negative terminal to reset CEL to see if it'll help.. no dice.

so now i have to take this thing to the place but wondering if anyone can help here given the circumstances.. how can i start my car? so situation again, just got AOS job done (the car was fuming like it was a bomb prior to the job so maybe something got contaminated.. the air filter was soaked with oil i guess.. but AOS guy said o2 sensor and everything else looked okay while changing AOS). 2 weeks later, CEL came on and with my dinky code reader got p0410 and p1141.. is there any way i can get my car started to take it to this guy?

thanks in advance.
You may not want to try to start the engine.

P0410: secondary air injection pump not triggered, secondary air injection pump does not operate, air supply lines restricted, electric change over valve does not operate, or vacuum system leaks.

The air lines could be damaged, pinched, or there a vacuum leak. Since the AOS was replaced not too long ago, the workmanship has to come in for question. (Last thing touched is first thing suspected... in this case though it is the area not so much the thing.)

My sources don't give a P1141 for your model year car.

There is a P1140 which is load calculation -- signal implausible. This can be a cruise control cable problem or a throttle position sensor or false air [sic] [air leak?]

The engine may have stopped and may not fire cause the Ecu is not getting a critical sensor signal/reading. For instance if the crankshaft position sensor is bad, the Ecu can't know when to trigger fuel injection or spark. So it won't trigger either. The engine start err make that engine crank circuit is pretty simple and the Ecu has no control over that (the car's security system does though) so the engine cranks just fine but will not run.

Does the car have plenty of gas? Another possibility is the fuel pump quit. My 02's engine died shortly after I started it. Really out of character. Never did that before in over 200K miles of driving. Engine started right back up but ran just a moment before dying again. After that? Cranked just fine but not one sign of the engine wanting to run. No smell of gas at the exhaust pipe either.

I could not hear my 02's fuel pump run at any time, but in the older cars the fuel pump should come on when the key is turned to the on position, so I have been told but I"ve never had the chance to confirm this. If I'm right though if you don't hear the pump come on...

I'd be tempted to have the car flat bedded to the nearest qualified shop and have the car professionally diagnosed.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fire up a tow truck my friend.. Hate to see MORE damage caused because of ignoring a code. $150 tow is cheaper than ANOTHER new motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 S tiptronic stalled and won't start.. p0410 p0411