Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, quick, is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Yes, Boxsters are fun, and I am afraid that you passed on this one too quickly.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, what a deal.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael B.
Yes, Boxsters are fun, and I am afraid that you passed on this one too quickly.
Maybe the OP missed out on a good deal, but better to miss out on a good deal than to jump in too quickly and end up with a bad deal.

Now the OP knows more and the next time he encounters a car he'll be a better judge of its value and make a deal he can live with .

There's always another car, unless one has bought the wrong car. Then one is stuck with the wrong car...

To the OP: Keep looking. Another example will turn up.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm not so sure he passed on a great deal...for him.

The '03 is a better year than earlier for people who are going to use it on the road due to the top and glove compartment among others. But are those things of great value to someone who is primarily buying for the track?

I'd rather be buying a '01S with a blown engine and then installing a rebuilt engine (with improved reliability parts) with the money I saved. My approach would be to add in some items to reduce risk to the engine while racing figuring you'd then have a better car for the purpose.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:19 PM
xamfed
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you passed on the car, do you mind sharing the contact info of the seller for the rest of us?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Update: This decsion has pretty much driven me crazy, as if I wasn't already.

I am no longer interested in purchasing a Boxster, or any other track car for that matter. Hell, I barely have time to drive my GT3 as it is, and started thinking about what I'd do with a 4th vehicle. I looked at buddy lifts, garage modifications, you name it. After exhaustive research and considerable soul searching I am sticking with my 3. I have already ordered aftermarket wheels, new tires, and a GMG RSR roll bar.

I know my car inside and out and have been meticulous in it's maintenance. In short I trust it. It is a fantastic track car, certainly beyond my limited capability, and I can always buy track insurance if I have a concern. I am addressing performance and safety concerns and having fun buying new "stuff" for my beloved GT3. It is my dream car after all, and a genuine treat to drive.

I want to thank everyone for your invaluable input. I think I probably did pass too soon, maybe too much info to process in so short a time, and would be happy to provide contact info for the seller if you PM me.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Help, quick, is this a good deal?