Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPD intake plenums offer considerable gains

Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
john@wickedgarage
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPD intake plenums offer considerable gains

IPD intake plenums has just assigned SpeedMerchants Motorsports as a master distributor. I wanted to bring these plenums to everyones attention (in case you haven't heard) and the horsepower gains have surprised many sceptics.

986 Boxster S
The 3.2 liter 986 Boxster S Plenum provides impressive power gains throughout the entire power band, especially in the midrange where we enjoy it most.

The 74mm Boxster S IPD Plenum and upgraded 74mm (from 68mm) throttle body package is recommended for Boxster S enthusiasts looking for considerable performance gains. Performance gains can be felt throughout the entire power band making the Boxster driving experience even more visceral.

The IPD Boxster S Plenum will provides the most impressive power gains of any engine upgrade available and will truly transform your Boxster driving experience. The 74mm IPD Plenum is the best Boxster S modification on the market and will further compliment other mods such as exhaust, software and beyond.

986 Boxster
The 2.7 liter 986 Boxster S Plenum provides about the same power gains as with the 3.2 liter S Boxsters, again delivering peak power in the midrange where we enjoy it most.

The 74mm Boxster IPD Plenum and upgraded 74mm (from 68mm) throttle body package is recommended for Boxster enthusiasts looking for considerable performance gains. Performance gains can be felt throughout the entire power band making the Boxster driving experience even more visceral.

The IPD Boxster Plenum also provides the most impressive power gains of any engine upgrade available and will truly transform your Boxster driving experience. The 74mm IPD Plenum is the best Boxster modification on the market and will further compliment other mods such as exhaust, software and beyond.

PM me for individual price quotes or for more info.

We also have all the plenums up on our website. www.speedmerchants.ca

John
Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just checked the site and I see your IPD page here: http://www.speedmerchants.ca/collect...intake-plenums

I don't see a 986S part listed there. Could you provide a link or some more info?

Also, I see hp/tq gains posted but are there any dyno charts available to show gains across the power band?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
blue2000s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The IPD Boxster S Plenum will provides the most impressive power gains of any engine upgrade available"

That's a strong statement. What does the dyno chart say?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Fly911
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

"the most impressive power gains of any engine upgrade available"

Here we go again...!!! Bold statements and clever marketing, but nothing to prove it. The day you can document before and after dyno charts on several different cars, we will believe you.

I do however believe that the original T-shape design of the inlet plenum is not optimal, and that a Y-shaped plenum will have a more efficient air flow. And that a combination of the IPD plenum, bigger throttle body, cone air filter (with heat shield), a more efficient exhaust, all combined with an ECU re-flash, may give you as much as 10% (and in some cases 15%) HP/TQ gains. But everything should be documented before "the most impressive power gains of any engine upgrade available" is posted on these forums. IMHO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IPD intake plenums offer considerable gains