Sponsored by:

Water leaking through top

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Dendrobium
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaking through top

I have a 01' Boxter that has been taking water behind the passenger seat on the bottom and in the area above where the control arms are for the top when it rains.

I am told that there are drains in the area back there which may be clogged with debris. Where may i locate these drains?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Red_Dog
AutoX

Put the top in the service position. The drain area is in the coated foam liner material near the top arms. Not hard to find.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Dendrobium
I have a 01' Boxter that has been taking water behind the passenger seat on the bottom and in the area above where the control arms are for the top when it rains.

I am told that there are drains in the area back there which may be clogged with debris. Where may i locate these drains?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
What red_dog said. If rear drains clogged you might as well check the front drains too.

Open front trunk. Remove battery cover. Remove the two plastic covers/panels on either side. I think you'll need a Torx bit (maybe even a security bit -- has a hole in the center of the bit to clear a pip in the center of the Torx screw's head) to remove the screws that hold the panels down secure.

(As an aside: just buy a Torx set of bits with the security feature.)

Be careful with the styrofoam-like material. Do not poke a hole in it or break it cause water will leak through the hole or the crack.

After you remove the trash avoid parking under trees and around bushes/plants that shed plant trash on cars.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 AM
winstonterr
2nd Gear

Hi,
How do you simply change an air injector Valve on a 1999 Porsche Boxster? I can see it off the main hose of the air pump but its under the intake manifold, I don't see an easy way to change this valve except maybe remove the alternator.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:43 PM
deptotpr
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Searching this thread today

Water is behind my passenger seat too. Need a kindergarden level school lesson on draining, pics too please for drain hole.

Quick Reply: Water leaking through top