Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 S mods?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts
Default 01 S mods?

Hello, long time member here with 95 993 (many mods).
Bought my daughter a 01 Boxster S. Would like to do HID, Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes & ECU.
Anyone done these before? HID'S will be first. Can I get some help with instructions/experience?

Thanks Rich
Old 07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts
Default HIDS

I can't help with instructions, but I do have a set of perfect litronics (hids) for sale, covered with the high end 3M protective covering. I'm looking for non-hids in trade...love the lights but am selling stuff to fund track parts.

let me know if you're interested.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Bought my daughter a 01 Boxster S. Would like to do HID, Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes & ECU.
Anyone done these before? HID'S will be first. Can I get some help with instructions/experience?

Thanks Rich
Hi Rich, how do you like that boxster so far? Some of the best Porsches ever built I'd say.

Here's a link to a thread I started a little while back on my Boxster ECU flash. Lousy thread I suppose, as not a single comment, but gives some idea.

I also have a Fabspeed muffler with secondary cat delete pipes that I was going to be selling soon if you're interested.

You and your daughter have fun with that Boxster!

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-...boxster-s.html

Phil
Old 07-09-2010, 10:31 AM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

Hi Phil,

yes would be interested. Don't have the car yet. Still in Atlanta.

Rich
Old 07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S

Thanks Rich
IIRC a Porsche indy mag did an HID article a while (years actually) back. IIRC the changeover expensive and one still doesn't have the real deal.

I'm on vacation (right now I'm in Flagstaff AZ) but I think I have a copy of that article. Send me PM and when I get back to the office later this coming week I'll look it up and make a copy and can send you a PDF of the article.

Not sure how helpful it will be cause I think it was for a '97 or '98 car but it may give you some ideas of the cost/trouble of an HID conversion.

Frankly, while I like the HIDs in my Turbo my 02 Boxster's lights are just fine. Not sure how much gain in lighting one would gain with a HID conversion.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:17 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done 2 out of 3, well sort of.

I did the Litronics retrofit. If fully hooked-up, gives the raise on high-beams. The things you don't get are the headlamp washers (which I wouldn't want anyway) and I believe load leveling which is not a big deal. The Litronics are even more expensive than when I did mine but are much better than the stock lights with or without various aftermarket bulbs. There is a bunch of wiring and harnesses to look out for if you buy 2nd-hand if you want the raise-on high-beam feature.

Regarding ECU flashes, I've done Revo and GIAC. The Revo was absolute cr@p. Numerous flashes, countless settings, way too many hours spent hearing excuses and LOST HP. I cannot say anything good about Revo. GIAC was much better, and retained the adaptability of stock, but only about 1 HP gain. That is back-to-back with about 3-5 runs each with an experienced dyno operator. Ultimately, went back to stock. I am interested in the Softronic as it seems to get good comments from the 987 crowd, but am skeptical.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 S mods?