Sponsored by:

Any point to Bluetooth in a Boxster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any point to Bluetooth in a Boxster?

I rarely use a cell phone in my car, but occasionally something comes up. I have Bluetooth in my daily driver (Mitsu Lancer ES), and I wonder if it is worth putting in my Boxster. My big question is whether or not it would work when driving with the top down, which is generally the case when I'm in the Boxster. If I'm driving with the top down and music playing, I generally won't even hear my cell phone if it rings. So, the Bluetooth might be useful if conversation can be heard. Any opinions?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default I have BlueTooth in my Boxster...

I installed a Motorola aftermarket kit in my wife's Boxster. We live in California and the LAW is no holding a cell phone while driving. The kit works fine. It is better with the top up. The Microphone and Speaker can be located where ever you want. I have the Microphone on the rear mirror mounting and the speaker under the dash, drivers side. It can also go right behind your head for better top down hearing. It has a radio interupt circuit (I connected it in the kit I installed in my 993 cabrio) the mutes the radio when a call comes in. It is depends on you having a radio/stereo with a mute input and having it hook up to it.

Quick Reply: Any point to Bluetooth in a Boxster?