Sponsored by:

Dual-use pad compound preferrences

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Pat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual-use pad compound preferrences

I just picked up my first Boxster. It will need new rotors and pads soon, and I'm trying to figure out which pads I should go with. The car is my daily driver and will see several track days every year. Ideally I would buy pads that are suitable for the street and track, although realize this my not be the fastest track setup. The car will have high-performance street tires on it and OEM suspension. What pads should I be considering? I've used Pagid Sport Blues in the past with good success, although think I need something with better fade resistance. I've also used Ferodo DS2500s which hold up to heat better, but am still not sure that compound will resist heat well enough for track usage. Am I just out of my mind thinking I can use one pad for both purposes? I realize there are compromises to be made.
I'm particularly interested in Hawk pads, as I get a significant discount on those. Which compound should I look for? Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:44 AM
rkuo
Track Day

Spec Boxster guys were recommending pagid yellows on the front and blacks on the back. I don't really see a problem with using these on the street either ... Seems fine to me so far in my otherwise stock boxster.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Pagid Yellows, the RS29's all around. No squeals here and great stopping power and less heat then previous stock compunds of Pagid I used.

The advice I was given is that they might squeal on the street, but once you have done a track event, they will be silent for around 5 to 6 weeks. Then the squeals may come back. Another track day, and silence again for 5 to 6 weeks. Repeat
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM
rkuo
Track Day

My yellows squeak but only very slightly. It's not very annoying at all.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yellow or Yellows/Blacks - Y/B for track use with R compounds and *the desire for MORE rear bias*

I have BOTH in stock.....volcano has created a very short supply.
I have them all read to go -
Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 AM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 37 Posts

PFC 97's

Quick Reply: Dual-use pad compound preferrences