Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum-67/)
-   -   FS: Just gutted Boxster for a race car and have a ton of parts(most in new condition) (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/528321-fs-just-gutted-boxster-for-a-race-car-and-have-a-ton-of-parts-most-in-new-condition.html)

LVDell 10-07-2009 11:28 AM

FS: Just gutted Boxster for a race car and have a ton of parts(most in new condition)

11 Attachment(s)
Just finished gutting my low mile 99 Boxster for the SPBOX conversion so here are some parts available. I am sure there are more so feel free to ask if there is something you need not pictured or listed. If it's not something worth much I'd be happy to drop in the mail gratis.

Most all the parts are in like new conidtion

Not sure what to price everything just yet individually so I will work on that today and get some prices up. **edit...some prices and a list are up** There are just so many pieces that it might just be better to quote a price for a "lot" of multiple items and then if somebody needs something I can break the lots and re-price.

The CAB top comes complete and would just require a couple bolts to R&R your existing top. This literally took me 1/2 hour to remove.

Here are some pics of most of the stuff I have. Just shoot me a PM or email me at 964rsa@gmail.com

Cheers,
Dell

ps. paypal is fine if you pay the fee. shipping will be whatever actual cost is

List and pricing:

Door Panels $150/ea
Factory Alumalook Ashtray insert (perfect) $75
4-spoke Airbag $100 ($200 if you want both airbag and wheel)
Door Airbags $50/ea
Rollbar $150 (seat belts not included)
Bumperettes (986 only) $150
CD sotrage shelf (goes into lower console) $25
A-pillar (pair) $50
Door glass $50 each side
Storage Shelf between rollbar and bulkhead $150 (Suncoast sells these for $450)
Spare Tire/Wheel with jack kit $100
Shocks, Springs, Sways, control arms, etc **make offer on what you need**

I am sure there are plenty more pieces I haven't listed so feel free to ask away if there is something not listed.

IF YOU NEED PART NUMBERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS MOST EVERYTHING HAS THE PCNA/PAG NUMBERS STAMPED ON THEM.

iJeremy 10-07-2009 11:32 AM

Thats officially gutted... Do you have a link to a thread about this car's transformation? I'd love to follow as you chage it.

LVDell 10-07-2009 11:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Gutted? I have no idea what you are talking about....... :evilgrin:

Here's a link to the build:LINK

The car just came back from the cage builder and body shop so I should get some pics of the cage up tomorrow.

iJeremy 10-07-2009 11:39 AM

:thumbup: Tasty! Thank you...

judd944 10-07-2009 12:52 PM

dang! that is parted out! I drove a 944 that was that was taken about that far down. It was very fast!

seafeye 10-07-2009 04:39 PM

Dell...

Mind me asking what you paid for your lift?
My neighbour is having a guy come out on friday to give an estimate. His price will include the install.
Also how high is your ceiling? And how high can you get your car.

Thx

LVDell 10-07-2009 04:47 PM

I don't mind at all. Here is the lift I bought: LINK As well as two sliding jacks LINK

I think the total shipped was a little over $3K and then another $750 for install so right at $4K all in.

My garage ceiling is 13 foot high and the lift could go to the 2nd from the last lock with the GT3 and the RSA but with the boxster and CAB I can go to the last lock! I am 6'1" and if there was one more lock setting (I think there is either 2 or 4" between the locks then I could walk under it. My wife can but I have to duck a bit since at it's highest setting from floor to underside of ramps is right at 6".

I am VERY happy with the lift and for the price you can't beat it. The info I found on lifts has consistently come back to the Direct Lift Pro Park model as the same company owns Rotary. Looks of god reading on the Greg Smith website.

Coochas 10-09-2009 12:06 AM

Exciting stuff Dell.
My '99 is going to graduate from BSX to BSR this winter so in principle I'll have the same parts for sale!

LVDell 10-09-2009 08:30 AM

Great to hear Dave! Looking forward to seeing another Spec Box build :cheers:

deoxford 10-09-2009 11:45 AM

Dell,
Hi, I am doing the same right now with a 2002S . I think you are friends with a friend of mine Tucker , right.
Anyway , Did you complete remove the AL bumpers front and rear?

deoxford 10-09-2009 11:46 AM

Can you post a reomoved list?

LVDell 10-09-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by deoxford (Post 6972544)
Dell,
Hi, I am doing the same right now with a 2002S . I think you are friends with a friend of mine Tucker , right.

Yup.

LVDell 10-09-2009 12:29 PM

Dell,

Originally Posted by deoxford (Post 6972545)
Can you post a reomoved list?

Didn't create one, sorry. Just starting pulling stuff off :)

smlporsche 10-09-2009 07:18 PM

Dell,

I was up in Charlottesville at Werkstatt and asked Scott why he didn't remove them in his build cars and he said that if you backed one of these cars into a tire wall without them it would be very expensive, plus he was able to get down to his target weight with them in place.
Just another perspective....

LVDell 10-09-2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by smlporsche (Post 6973966)
I was up in Charlottesville at Werkstatt and asked Scott why he didn't remove them in his build cars and he said that if you backed one of these cars into a tire wall without them it would be very expensive, plus he was able to get down to his target weight with them in place.
Just another perspective....

Not necessarily, but regardless, the key is not to back it into a wall. Every shop is different in their philosophy building a car.