Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's here! MD/DC/VA Rennlist "Meet & Drive" 9/13/09 Rockville, MD. Save the Date! :o)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 435 Posts
Default It's here! MD/DC/VA Rennlist "Meet & Drive" 9/13/09 Rockville, MD. Save the Date! :o)

Hello Boxster and Boxster "S" drivers. Here's an invite from the 993 forum!

The next MD/DC/VA (and any other states that would like to join us) Rennlist "Meet & Drive" will be Sunday morning, 9/13/09 at 10am. (If it's raining on the 13th, the rain date will be 9/20 at 10am) The Rockville, Md. meeting point will be our usual spot at Mid-Pike Plaza (at the Starbucks parking lot by the Toy's R Us at 11802 Rockville Pike #A). This seems to be a good central spot for many people in the area. This date had the most votes and emails to me from a previous post asking what date would be best for most members. Sorry in advance if this date doesn't work for you, but there's always next Spring or we could even do another one later this season in November if there's an interest. For those of you that initially said you couldn't make it out on the 13th, maybe you could... change your plans and try to make it anyway?

If you haven't been to a "Meet & Drive", you should absolutely come out! Put aside your social anxieties... Forget about sleeping late just this one day. Get up off that Sunday morning couch. Put down your Washington Post or New York Times. Tell your spouse you have a short errand to run, and sneak out the door and just show up.

We'll meet at 10am (or get there whenever you can after that), chat with whoever shows up till around 1120am, check out each other's cars, catch up with people you haven't seen for a while, make new friends, meet other Rennlister's spouses if they're willing to show up too and scope out each other's mods for future slippery-slope spending. Then, whoever has time for the "drive" part of the morning, we'll go on a spirited 60 minute drive through some beautiful countryside of upper Montgomery County. Lastly, it's lunch at the Hard Times Cafe. They have all different types of food but their specialty is chili served in many different ways. See the menu link below for very reasonably priced dining. http://www.hardtimes.com/menuandrecipes/chili.aspx

So, you can just show up for the "meet", do the drive too, and/or do lunch if your time permits. Whatever works for you.

Here's the "drive" part of the morning. It may change slightly from this, but you get the general idea:

Go out Montrose, pass the 270 exit, and turn LEFT onto FALLS Rd.
Go 1 mile and turn RIGHT onto GLEN Rd.
Stay on Glen Road, past Glen Mill Rd., past Travilah.
Glen Rd ends, and you bear LEFT onto QUERY MILL Rd.
QUERY MILL Rd ends and you turn RIGHT onto Esworthy.
Esworthy ends and you turn LEFT onto SENECA.
SENECA becomes RIVER Rd. Stay Right to remain on RIVER Rd.

After 6.5 miles turn RIGHT onto WEST WILLARD Rd.
Go 4 miles up West Willard, turn LEFT onto WESTERLY Rd.
Go 1.5 miles, turn RIGHT on EDWARDS FERRY Rd.
Cross 107, it becomes WASCHE Rd.
Wasche Rd. Ends, turn RIGHT on MARTINSBURG Rd.
Martinsburg Rd joins up with Route 28. Turn LEFT onto 28.
In 1 mile, at RR crossing RIGHT onto DICKERSON SCHOOL Rd.
Dickerson School Rd becomes Mt. Ephraim Rd.
Soon, turn RIGHT onto BARNESVILLE Rd.
Barnesville Rd. becomes CLOPPER Rd. / MD-117.
Clopper hits 270. Take 270 South to Route 28 to Hard Times.

If you can make any part of this day, just post on this thread that you're coming so we have some idea of the size of the crowd. Consider this post your "E-Invite". I'll cross post this on the Dorkiphus Porsche forum and other Rennlist forums. If you think you might eat lunch at the restaurant too, please let me know so we can let the restaurant know in advance.

Hope I haven't left anything out. Look forward to seeing everyone at this casual Porsche event on the 13th - keep your fingers crossed for nice weather! Put the date on your calendar, daytimer, appointment book, PDA, computer, yellow sticky note, or whatever method helps you remember Sunday events. This isn't my "Meet and Drive", it's ours. If you have any suggestions to make these events better in the future, please post them here or PM me if you like.

Cheers,
Steve R

Quick Reply: It's here! MD/DC/VA Rennlist "Meet & Drive" 9/13/09 Rockville, MD. Save the Date! :o)