Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm new here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 AM
rjwz28
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, I'm new here.

I've been hanging around the 911 section for a few months as I was looking for a used 911 but after researching and looking at a few in person, it looks like I can't afford to spend what a really good conditon 87 to 89 911 are worth.

So now, I may be thinking of a Boxster as the prices are more reasonable and I can get a 99 to maybe 2001 for under $20K in good condition as they are a lot newer than the 911's so they have a chance to be in better overall condition. I've heard other people say that a Boxster ain't a real Porsche, water cooled, yada, yada, yada. Can some of you owners enlighten me on this car? I just want something to have fun driving that looks nice and I can enjoy the sunshine in Hawaii. I'm not looking at racing anybody or driving over 100 MPH.

Are these cars as expensive to fix and upkeep as the 911's? Is there anything I should watch out for when looking for one? What year and models are better/worse than others? Any major problems to look out for. Thanks for your time. Any input is well appreciated.

Aloha,
Rob
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome!

Good luck with your search.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM
aron in toronto
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll need to drive both yourself to see which will meet your needs. That said the Boxster is a great car with little maintainance needs compared to the older Porsche. They are reliable and make great daily drivers, but do have a few thing you should look out for.

The following buyers guide put together by Mike Focke covers many of these issues.

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/bu...97-2004boxster

Quick Reply: Hi, I'm new here.