NY Fall Poker Run for Charity to Monticello Motor Club - Sun. 10/19

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NY Fall Poker Run for Charity to Monticello Motor Club - Sun. 10/19

Hi Guys,

I was just invited by another group of car nuts for a unique and extraordinary opportunity to tour the new first-class Monticello Motor Club (http://www.monticellomotorclub.com) facility. I would like to extend this generous invitation to all of you here. This will be in conjunction with a Poker Run for charity that is being organized by the other group. I know some of you will be attending Leslie's Drive the week before, but I just found out about this yesterday, so I hope some of you will be able to attend both events.

Here are the details:

Fundraiser
This fundraiser will be for the benefit of Annes Place, a not-for-profit cancer support organization serving thousands of cancer patients in CT. and NY. The cost (contribution) will be $15 per driver and $10 per passenger.

Schedule of Events
We will meet at our usual Sloatsburg Rest Area location and then take a nice scenic drive to meet with another group. From there, we will caravan together up to Monticello Motor Club(http://www.monticellomotorclub.com). They will be providing us with a box lunch (minimal cost TBD) and then parade laps around the track will commence. Helmets will not be required. The whole event should be over by 1:00. I haven’t gotten the cost for lunch yet but it should be minimal.

Chance to Win!
In addition, they are generously offering a raffle to win a "Taste of the Track Day" offered by the Club (a $2500 value). The winner will be entitled to a full day of member priveleliges at the Club including as much track time at speed as they can fit in one day!

Meeting Location
Meeting Time: 7:45am - 8:30am
Leaving Time: 8:30am SHARP
Location: Sloatsburg Rest Stop - NY Thruway - Top Level Parking Deck [Click Here for Satellite Map]
Sloatsburg, NY 10974 (NY Thruway - between 15A (Suffern) & 16 (Woodbury) Toll Barrier)
End Spot: Monticello Motor Club [Click Here for Satellite Map]

**Please Note**: We are guests of this event, so needless to say, we shall be on our best behaviour and be respectful of others. We would like to be invited again to future events!

I'm sure you guys already can tell, but this is a tremendous opportunity to check out a first-class track facility, especially if you have never been to one. This is for a great cause to boot! This is a members-only track so it is very limited to us non-members.

If you are interested, please reply to the thread on the 993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/456898-ny-fall-poker-run-for-charity-to-monticello-motor-club-sun-10-19-a.html).

Hope to see you there. Thanks!