Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum-67/)
-   -   Is Boxster RS60 Syder Really Gay (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/421737-is-boxster-rs60-syder-really-gay.html)

gt3cup98 04-05-2008 08:28 AM

Is Boxster RS60 Syder Really Gay

I just got a Boxster RS60 Spyder with a red top and red interior. My wife told me that it looked like a gay hair dressers car. I am not sure if she was insulting me, hair dressers or gays. maybe all but I am afraid it was just me. I think the car looks great but am now wondering. i obviously need help or maybe just need to fess up?
Thanks in advance?!?
Boyd

THXBABE 04-05-2008 08:44 AM

Boyd,

I love the red interior but don't know if I love the red top.

If you have any gay hair dresser friends, or gay friends in general, ask them if the car is gay.

My other p-car buddies all made fun of me for buying a hair dresser's car when I got my Boxster. But "F" those guys, wait until I bury them at Sebring next month!

Alos 04-05-2008 10:32 AM

I personally love the look of the car with the top down! Here are my thoughts on what your wife said: Real men wear pink! I don't personally think that the car is a gay hairdressers car, and if it is then those are successful hairdressers and they deserve it. I would also note that if it is a gay hairdresser car then that should show your wife that you are comfortable with your manliness and don't follow the pack. In any case I think its good for you. Enjoy the car! Cheers

Charlie C 04-05-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by gt3cup98 (Post 5283319)
I just got a Boxster RS60 Spyder with a red top and red interior. My wife told me that it looked like a gay hair dressers car. I am not sure if she was insulting me, hair dressers or gays. maybe all but I am afraid it was just me. I think the car looks great but am now wondering. i obviously need help or maybe just need to fess up?
Thanks in advance?!?
Boyd

Oh ABSOLUTELY! I think you should immediately sell it for about $15K less than you paid for it. I'd be willing to help you in that respect. ;)
But seriously, I think the car is GREAT! The red top will definitely set the car apart, in a good way, just as my cocoa top sets mine apart, although the red will be more noticeable.
Enjoy the car. The only real downside will be finding a car in the future that you like as much as this one! :thumbsup:

DesignerGenes 04-05-2008 11:20 AM

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/arenared.jpg I've seen the cars. The color is beautiful, even for the top. I'm a designer and an engineer, so you decide.

gt3cup98 04-05-2008 03:18 PM

7 Attachment(s)
No matter your sexual taste this is a sharp car!?!:jumper:
Attachment 268601

Attachment 268602

Attachment 268603

Attachment 268604

Attachment 268605

Attachment 268606

Attachment 268607

RyanPerrella 04-05-2008 03:36 PM

Nice

Actually i dont like the red top when its up.

But when its down, which to be honest it will mostly be down right, i like it. It matches the interior and i think it actually looks better in red, WHEN ITS DOWN.

I like the all red rear lamps, i need to do that to my 928.

gt3cup98 04-05-2008 04:35 PM

You're right, this car will usually be driven when you can drive top down. I really do not like the car with the top up in black or red!

dak911 04-05-2008 07:49 PM

That is a DAMN NICE CAR.
The H with everyone else.....who cares....drive and enjoy it

Sputter 04-05-2008 08:59 PM

It's a really nice Boxster.:burnout:

Originally Posted by gt3cup98 (Post 5283319)
Thanks in advance?!?
Boyd

mooty 04-06-2008 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Alos (Post 5283447)
I personally love the look of the car with the top down! Here are my thoughts on what your wife said: Real men wear pink! I don't personally think that the car is a gay hairdressers car, and if it is then those are successful hairdressers and they deserve it. I would also note that if it is a gay hairdresser car then that should show your wife that you are comfortable with your manliness and don't follow the pack. In any case I think its good for you. Enjoy the car! Cheers

right on.
i love pink shirts with my hugo boss suits.
blue, white and old ppl color shirts are just boring.

dennisafrompa 04-06-2008 08:22 AM

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

:-)

gt3cup98 04-06-2008 09:19 AM

The more I read the more I like this car!!

DaveGordon 04-06-2008 10:19 AM

I vote 'not gay' :) (considered one myself..)

What does it sound like? I read on another site that the exhaust sounds much better than the normal one - even with PSE. I wondering about possibly getting an RS60 exhaust as an upgrade to mine if it's any good.. (legality of aftermarket stuff is an issue where I live)

Cheers,
Dave

gt3cup98 04-06-2008 11:05 AM

Does have great sound, I was very surprised.