Sponsored by:

New Boxster S Owner

Old 10-21-2007, 09:30 PM
TX996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boxster S Owner

Hey everyone...

I am a former 996 owner, now Boxster S owner. I was looking for a pre-owned 997 "S" when a really amazing deal came along on a 2001 Boxster S.

I will post some pictures soon and have been scouring the search engine for posts on a few questions but if you do not mind I would love to shoot some quick ones up here.

1. When I drive the car and some to a stop. Initially when I come to the stop the oil pressure warning light will flash once or twice very quickly. It does it no other time and I have checked oil level, etc. Anyone have a thought here? I thought maybe faulty sensor or short but seeing as it happens immediately after decelerating I though I would post that.

2. I live in Dallas, Tx. I would like to get some service and an alignment done. Other than the Porsche dealers doe anyone have recoomendation for a fairly priced, honest, capable mechanic around the Dallas area? I was thinking RUF but am open to opinions for sure.

It is a really fun car to drive and although he is a little long in the tooth he seems pretty solid. Once I get him sorted out, get to know him a little better and get my PCA membership re-instated I will be looking to do some DE's with him.

I am glad to see an active community and looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome and be sure to post up those photos! car sounds great. congrats on getting an 01, I have only had mine for a short time so I hope some others chime in and help with your problems.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:38 PM
HammerESQ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That oil pressure light would worry me.. A PO is worth it, get one.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Boxster S Owner