boxster body kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 03:29 AM
j959
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post boxster body kits

opinions everyone-

just want to know what peoples tastes are, and how far a body kit can go before people think it either gay, stupid or rice....

now there is a difference between race and rice....just a very thin line....

e.g. heres some boxster body kits i put together....

does performance influence whether a body kit is acceptable.....

would the seidl kit be seen hand in hand with 500hp but be rice on a boxster S????

IMO these kits are fine...

they arent rice...(the one with the evo kit is a bit, but only if the car is stock, this one packs a gt3 engine)

OPNIONS????if you saw these cars on the road, how would you feel????

if you saw them at a car show or porsche product launch how would you feel??

can the beautiful stock car be improved???of course, but is there such things as too far????

(in these cases no)
Old 11-14-2002, 03:31 AM
j959
Instructor

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/nd4spd/" target="_blank">here are the examples</a>
Old 11-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

j959,

I haven't seen that one from Seidl Tuning before, do you have other pictures of it? The back end looks more 959 like, although I'd have to see a car in person to be the judge. What really caught my eye were those speedster humps, they aren't the wimpy 'low rise' Porsche version, but rather are more like the original 550 Spyder version and coincide with the roll bars. If you can get me more info, I might be interested in those.

As for the rest of the kits, most looks like "riceboy" tuner jobs, especially that one in the Meguires add, and I personally don't care for that style, although I know some others do. As you probably know, I have the 996 GT3 kit on my car and I like the looks of it because it is something Porsche developed and it doesn't radically alter the lines of the car as some of those angular kits with giant wings often do. Speaking of which I left the wing from the Aerokit II off my car as I didn't care for it and don't believe it is necessary.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:06 AM
j959
Instructor

i have a front pick of the seidl...

i looked into it but they dont sell it...thought it gave it a very aggressive look that wasnt tryhard....

your car does look great, very smooth and clean...

race (rice, depending on perspon and the extent of the kit), looks good and suits the car if it has the goods to back it up...

rice to me is adding an ugly body kit (that not even a track car would do), neon lights, stickers etc....

it might depend on age, culture and driving style...

i wouldnt go as far as putting those gt3rs widebody parts on my car, and the GT wing on the back...

but i like a race/aggressive look, but then again my cars always have the track days and performance to back it up....

stock cars just dont do it for me (cept the F360 and lambo diablo)

the kit is fine as long as it is for a practical purpose (i.e. diffusers, side skirts, vents etc)

im looking at getting the caractere kit though, except with the gemballa side skirts....

its clean, aggressive but still retains the classic lines...would have it in black

Ken, BTW, the seidl front pic looks like a carrera GT with boxster headlights
Old 11-14-2002, 11:10 AM
j959
Instructor

intersting that most of those kits are from serious porsche tuning shops, -gemballa, TTP, Ruf, FVD....

i like the rear diffuser of the back of the yellow Gemballa boxster biturbo of the back off 911&porsche world....not the one on the website

its a different rear...i was hoping they sold it but i couldnt see it on the website
Old 11-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Can you post some of those pictures here then?

Any idea why Seidl doesn't sell their Boxster kit? I checked their website and they only have VW, Audi and BMW listed...
Old 11-14-2002, 09:45 PM
j959
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Ken2KS:
<strong>Can you post some of those pictures here then?

Any idea why Seidl doesn't sell their Boxster kit?</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote] Hello James.
Thanks for the enquiry.
No we do not sell the Porsche body kit as we had a lot of difficulties with
company
Porsche. Sorry.

Best regards.
Seidl Tuning & Design GmbH
i.A. Conny Stadlbauer

<hr></blockquote>

Old 11-14-2002, 09:50 PM
j959
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by Ken2KS:
[QB]Can you post some of those pictures here then?

[QB]<hr></blockquote>

if you mean the gemballa, ruf, TTP etc, well you saw them....

if you mean the front pic of seidl ill get it,

if you mean the pic of the Gemballa Biturbo on the back of 911&Porsche world, which is different from the one on their website,
i dont have a scanner....

the pic of the black one on the top left, the caractere kit, is something along the lines of what i want....

aggressive but doesnt look to tryhard and doesnt ruin the cars lines
Old 11-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Yes I'd like to see the front of Siedl kit.

Also, can you email Siedl and ask them if they have any of their speedster humps that go behind the roll bars? Not a complete kit to sell, but just the humps? Maybe they made a few and have them laying around, or maybe even just their original set. I'd be interested in buying their humps if they've got some to sell. Feel free to send me their email address and I'll contact them directly. I filled out a form on their website but haven't received any response yet, but I don't read German very well.

I didn't know Gemballa had a different rear other than that rakeish one they show on a speed yellow car in their magazines that cost $7,000 just for the rear bumper. Nice, but not worth it in my opinion!
Old 11-16-2002, 11:09 PM
j959
Instructor

7K you say???better to get it custom made....

they dont have it on theyre website

ill get bak to you with the pic and email addy

Quick Reply: boxster body kits