Sponsored by:

Finally drove the Porsche:

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 02:55 AM
kenratboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Finally drove the Porsche:

First, it was NOT a "S", just a 2001 Boxster Tiptronic.

Well, in a word (sort of) OMFG!!! The thing felt like I would imagine a GT2 to be like!!!

I was expecting something like a big American sedan in a smaller package. Because it is the bottom of the barrel (FOR Porsche) Porsche, I was expecting little.

He picked me up and my street is rough, so he went slow. Finally, we turned onto the main road and he hit it. I about pissed my pants! WOW!!! That thing sounds like a big block V8 and feels like one too!!! We pulled away and got up to about 60 and the light turned red. He kept going and then he hit the brakes. I thought we were going to go right through the intersection and crash. He (not hard) braked and the car stopped like it was a maglev stopping. It just CHOMPED the ground and stopped in tons of time.

Then we got on the freeway. He slowly gassed it on the onramp and got on and got in the left lane. I looked at the speedo and we were doing 100 :-0, it felt like we were coasting!!!

He let me drive it home and I drove like a totally sissy girl. I have not gotten used to the brakes, as I would brake for a stop and end up going 10 MPH 200 feet early! I didn't get it above 85 as there are lots of cops out and I didn't feel comforatable in the car, yet. The steering was simply awsome, that is what I really wanted to feel. I need to get the thing out on some open highway at night.

I really don't know what to say. 217 HP and 2778 pounds in the Boxster and then I see 460 HP and 3168 pound GT2. I am very awe-struck by that fact.

If that 217 HP car can do that, I can't fathom what a bigger car with a 6-speed would be like... Hell, what would a Boxster S with a 6-speed be like!

Simply put, if I was crazy about cars before, I am 10X crazier now. Damn, I will not have a family, I need cars.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:16 AM
Superjoint Ritual
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds very nice and reassuring! I gotta check one of these out asap, car sure doesn't have alot of bhp but sounds like it has a ton of kick to it...wonder why that is.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:13 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by kenratboy:
<strong>
That thing sounds like a big block V8 and feels like one too!!!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just so you know, im a Boxster fan too, and have considered getting one... but I dunno about all that... its fun... but its not a very fast car, and doesnt sound anything like a Big V8.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:21 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by ElonDooberhead:
<strong>

Just so you know, im a Boxster fan too, and have considered getting one... but I dunno about all that... its fun... but its not a very fast car, and doesnt sound anything like a Big V8.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gonna have to agree with you there.
(My mom has a '00 boxster 5 speed and while its a nice car, its certaintly not a rocket in a straight line...handling wise I haven't had a chance to push it at the autox yet)

Quick Reply: Finally drove the Porsche: